Recognition and Engagement
At the American Diabetes Association we show our appreciation for the dedication and commitment of our staff. In addition to a comprehensive benefits and compensation offering, we reward employees who go above and beyond in their everyday activities. In a peer nomination and review process we select and monetarily reward staff in our Mission Appreciation Program (MAP) Award and SPOT Award Programs.
These awards are bestowed each year to honor staff members who have demonstrated outstanding performance, dedication and leadership toward the progress needed to reach our mission and achieve the outcomes outlined in the Association's Strategic Plan.
Employees nominate peers in one of four categories:
- The Reaching People Award recognizes individuals who have made key strides toward strengthening the American Diabetes Association’s community outreach. These individuals consistently link their actions to reaching constituents, educating the community and recruiting key volunteers.
- The Organizational Effectiveness Award recognizes those individuals and teams that demonstrate excellence in executing initiatives to improve the Association’s effectiveness. Recipients of this award have leveraged and/or pooled their talent and expertise to further the American Diabetes Association's progress in creating a world class volunteer and staff organization.
- The All Star Leadership Award recognizes individuals who demonstrate excellence in leadership. These individuals could supervise a staff or be non-supervisors who through their drive and leadership have inspired and motivated others to accomplish extraordinary things to fulfill our mission and/or achieve our Organizational Priorities.
- The Valuing Diversity Award recognizes individuals who have gone above and beyond to bring Diversity & Inclusion into the Association's culture. These individuals have leveraged recruiting, outreach to minority communities, the use and selection of minority vendors and/or valued the contribution and ideas of all their employees.
Employees continuously scout and surface opportunities to recognize the efforts of their peers.
Employees can identify and nominate employees for one of four categories:
- Results/Above and beyond - things that are clearly above the normal duties assigned to the individual's fiscal role; goes the extra mile to meet a critical deadline or deliverable.
- Work - demonstrates outstanding teamwork in the achievement of area or department responsibilities.
- Customer Service - provides inspired service to volunteers, event participants, staff or the public that goes beyond what is expected related to roles and duties.
- Stewardship - implements or takes some action which significantly reduces fiscal risk.