Work at Camp
Join the Fun — Apply to Work at Camp
Experience the rewards of an American Diabetes Association's Camp. Spend a week of your summer reliving the joys of childhood fun and becoming inspired by kids living with diabetes. Understand and experience first hand what your patients live with daily.
Camp Staff Positions include:
- Medical Professionals: Physicians, Nurses, Dietitians, Social Workers, Pharmacists and Mental Health Professionals
- Program Staff: Counselors, Waterfront Staff, Activity Leaders, and Opening Day Helpers
- Administrative Services: Camp Directors, Camp Administrators, Clerical Staff, Fundraising and Donation Solicitation staff
Get Ready for the Experience of Your Lfetime
Embrace the life changing adventure of Camp, and experience:
- Unique opportunities to teach and learn more about diabetes, diabetes management, and how kids cope with diabetes.
- Skill-building ventures by working as a team with the campers with diabetes in managing their diabetes in an outdoor recreational environment, 5 - 7 days per week, 24 hours a day.
- Comprehensive orientation, training, and supervision — that assists you in preparing for and delivering the best service possible to our campers.
- Sweat, bugs, heat, humidity, long hours, little rest and limited privacy coupled with FUN, fellowship, education and inspiration.
- Meaningful work and the real chance to make a difference in the lives of kids with diabetes. Most Camp staff are volunteers. Some receive a very small stipend. Donations of staff time, supplies, and services allow the American Diabetes Association to keep the cost of Camp affordable to families.
The Application Process
The safety of our campers is our number one priority. Our hiring process:
- Starts with a formal application. All volunteer and paid staff must complete a written application, first time staff participate in a personal interview, and provide references.
- Includes mandatory background checks for all paid and volunteer staff. No credit checks of any kind are run.
- Requires thorough screening of all candidates and an annual review of Camp job performance.
- Find a Camp near you to learn more about available staff positions and obtain a staff application.