Public Policy Leadership Award
To honor an individual, group or organization that significantly impacts public policy to benefit people with diabetes and the mission of the American Diabetes Association.
Criteria for Selection
- An individual, group or organization that has made a significant contribution to public policy having the potential for national impact.
- Efforts may have resulted in:
- the introduction or enactment of legislation;
- greater public understanding of the mission of the American Diabetes Association and public policies needed to advance that mission; or,
- the development of administrative rules or regulations which significantly impact diabetes-related public policy.
- Recipients can come from any arena or segment of our society, however, governmental leadership shall be given priority over other areas.
- An individual may be nominated or may wish to submit a self nomination.
- Incomplete nomination forms will not be considered.
National Service Achievement Award Nomination Form
Please send your completed form to ADAApplications@diabetes.org.
Check out our FREE program for tips on living with type 2.
Help us raise $1 million for diabetes research and other essential programs.
New tools for meal preparation made easy!
Bee Well for Life gives fitness tips and helps Stop Diabetes!
Great recipes tap the salad bar, deli, and freezer case to get food on the table.
Learn to make delicious vegetarian dishes with this easy-to-follow cookbook.
Celebrate the holidays with Diabetes Forecast! Best deal–order today!
Food is an important part of the African American culture. See our recipes.
Stay on track with our holiday meal planning tips. Recipes everyone will enjoy!
Was your child recently diagnosed with type 1 diabetes? Order this free kit.
This personal tracking program is key to diabetes management.
Watch our Stop Diabetes PSA and share with your friends and family.
Recipes for Healthy Living, a holiday survival guide & more!
Get helpful tips for stress-free traveling with diabetes.
Check out our parent mentor volunteer program full of parents just like you!