Public Policy Leadership Award
To honor an individual, group or organization that significantly impacts public policy to benefit people with diabetes and the mission of the American Diabetes Association.
Criteria for Selection
- An individual, group or organization that has made a significant contribution to public policy having the potential for national impact.
- Efforts may have resulted in:
- the introduction or enactment of legislation;
- greater public understanding of the mission of the American Diabetes Association and public policies needed to advance that mission; or,
- the development of administrative rules or regulations which significantly impact diabetes-related public policy.
- Recipients can come from any arena or segment of our society, however, governmental leadership shall be given priority over other areas.
- An individual may be nominated or may wish to submit a self nomination.
- Incomplete nomination forms will not be considered.
National Service Achievement Award Nomination Form
Please send your completed form to ADAApplications@diabetes.org.
Know someone who would benefit from a membership to the American Diabetes Association?
Check out our parent mentor volunteer program full of parents just like you!
Become a Red Strider! Know someone with diabetes? Walk for them!
Every dollar you give can be doubled until May 15th to help Stop Diabetes!
Scroll through our calendar of EXPOs to find out when there will be one near you.
Ditch the chips! We've got recipes for eight healthy snacks you'll love to eat.
Learn what BIG discounts on auto insurance may await you.
Get motivated with our newly revised “I Hate to Exercise” book
Subscribe to our blog! It’s the best way to see what we’re up to at the Association.
If you have diabetes, join us for the ride!
Order your Diabetes Forecast® today! 25 Tips to healthy living. Click here to start.
Check out our site full of vegetarian meal planning ideas!
Find your local office to get involved in your community.
A new tool to increase the convenience of portion management
Get recipes, tips and more! Join the conversation!
Learn more about Dribble to Stop Diabetes