- Ensure public and private health insurance options, including those under the Affordable Care Act and Medicaid, provide access to the services, tools and education necessary to meet the needs of people with diabetes and prediabetes.
- Diabetes Cost Reduction Acts – Oppose efforts to repeal or create loopholes in laws in 46 states and the District of Columbia mandating diabetes coverage in state-regulated insurance plans.
- Safe at School – Ensure students with diabetes are medically safe and have access to the same educational opportunities as peers without diabetes. Legislation and regulation focus on:
- Permitting students who are able to do so to self-manage their disease.
- Making sure trained school personnel are available to perform routine and emergency diabetes care tasks.
- Driver's Licenses – Oppose laws and policies resulting in unfair treatment of people with diabetes.
- Primary prevention of type 2 diabetes.
Diabetes Programs and Surveillance
- Funding for Diabetes Prevention and Control Programs and other diabetes public health programs.