Call Your Senators About Healthcare Bill TODAY
The Senate will likely vote THIS WEEK on the bad healthcare bill. We need you to call both of your Senators today – and ask them to vote NO. It will only take a minute but it *will* make a difference in protecting our healthcare.
How to Call Your Two Senators
Find the names and phone numbers of your U.S. Senators at senate.gov/senators/contact/ and select your state.
To increase the impact of these calls, please make your calls only on Monday, June 26 between 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET.
What to Say When You Call on Monday, June 26
Remember: Always be polite. Also, you may have to leave a voicemail or call back if the phone lines are busy.
- My name is [INSERT NAME] and I'm calling from [YOUR CITY/TOWN].
- I want to ask the Senator to vote NO on the bad Senate healthcare bill and instead work to make sure constituents and all Americans have access to affordable and good health insurance, including essential health benefits.
- Any changes to the law need to protect more Americans and people with pre-existing conditions, like diabetes, should not be charged higher premiums.
- This is critical for my family and me. [SHARE YOUR 1-2 SENTENCE STORY ABOUT WHY HEALTHCARE IS IMPORTANT TO YOU.]
- Can I count on Senator [INSERT NAME] to oppose the Senate's healthcare bill and stand up for patient protections and affordable and quality healthcare?
- If the person you're speaking with can't provide an answer, ask for a letter from the Senator.
- Thank you.
After You Call, Post This on Facebook or Email It to Your Friends and Family
Our senators need to hear from us today! I just called my Senators urge them to vote NO on a bill that could make health insurance for people with diabetes and other diseases more expensive while providing LESS coverage. They will be voting this week. Visit diabetes.org/callyoursenators and join me in asking your Senators to oppose the Senate healthcare bill and make sure all Americans have access to affordable care.
Support Our Advocacy Work - Donate Today
We are doing all that we can to stop the dangerous healthcare bill before it hurts millions of Americans living with pre-existing conditions like diabetes. We need your support now more than ever - please consider a small donation to help us keep the pressure on Congress. Make a tax-deductible gift now to support our advocacy work on behalf of the 30 million Americans living with diabetes.