Call to Congress Application & Agenda
Tuesday, March 5 (Omni Shoreham Hotel)
|12:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.||Call to Congress Registration|
|1:30 p.m. - 3:45 p.m.||Opening session and issue briefings|
|3:45 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.||Hill visit training / Breakout sessions|
|6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.||Reception|
Wednesday, March 6
|7:00 a.m. - 8:00 a.m.||Breakfast and send off|
|8:00 a.m.||Bus transportation to Capitol Hill|
|9:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.||Constituent meetings with Members of Congress and staff & Events (per individual schedule provided on Tuesday, 3/5)|
|5:00 p.m.||Dinner on your own|
Thursday, March 7 (Omni Shoreham Hotel)
|8:00 a.m. - 9:15 a.m.||Breakfast and Hill visit recap|
|9:15 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||Advancing ADA advocacy at home|
|12:00 p.m.||Call to Congress adjournment|
*Participants will have prepaid meal cards to cover lunch expenses at Capitol Hill cafeterias. The Association will provide information about Smithsonian museums, Library of Congress, and national monuments for participants who have visiting time between or after meetings.
**The Association will provide information about nearby restaurant options.
Event Location and Details:
- Omni Shoreham Hotel in the Woodley Park neighborhood of northwest Washington, DC, located on the Red Line of DC’s Metro transit system
- All room reservations must be made through the American Diabetes Association online meetings site to ensure the group rate, as well as to eliminate additional fees for the Association.
- Cost of Hotel room per night: $274/night, including taxes
Expenses Covered by the American Diabetes Association:
- Lodging for one night at the Omni Shoreham Hotel (note: the event spans 2 nights/3 days. Participants are required to attend all 3 days)
- Training sessions and materials both before and during Call to Congress
- Briefing materials
- Meals during the event, except Wednesday dinner
- Transportation to Capitol Hill
Expenses Covered by Call to Congress Attendees:
- Air travel and ground transportation to and from the event hotel - (Attendees must arrive at the hotel no later than 12:00 pm ET on Tuesday and leave the hotel no earlier than 12:00 pm ET on Thursday.)
- Additional nights lodging at the Omni Shoreham Hotel (beyond 1 night)
- Wednesday evening dinner or other entertainment
Become a Diabetes Advocate
Sign up for email alerts on how you can help stop diabetes.
Thank you for joining us!
Check out our parent mentor volunteer program full of parents just like you!
Become a Red Strider! Know someone with diabetes? Walk for them!
Every dollar you give can be doubled until May 15th to help Stop Diabetes!
Scroll through our calendar of EXPOs to find out when there will be one near you.
Ditch the chips! We've got recipes for eight healthy snacks you'll love to eat.
Learn what BIG discounts on auto insurance may await you.
Get motivated with our newly revised “I Hate to Exercise” book
Subscribe to our blog! It’s the best way to see what we’re up to at the Association.
If you have diabetes, join us for the ride!
Order your Diabetes Forecast® today! 25 Tips to healthy living. Click here to start.
Check out our site full of vegetarian meal planning ideas!
Find your local office to get involved in your community.
A new tool to increase the convenience of portion management
Get recipes, tips and more! Join the conversation!
Learn more about Dribble to Stop Diabetes