Call to Congress Application & Agenda
Tuesday, March 5 (Omni Shoreham Hotel)
|12:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.||Call to Congress Registration|
|1:30 p.m. - 3:45 p.m.||Opening session and issue briefings|
|3:45 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.||Hill visit training / Breakout sessions|
|6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.||Reception|
Wednesday, March 6
|7:00 a.m. - 8:00 a.m.||Breakfast and send off|
|8:00 a.m.||Bus transportation to Capitol Hill|
|9:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.||Constituent meetings with Members of Congress and staff & Events (per individual schedule provided on Tuesday, 3/5)|
|5:00 p.m.||Dinner on your own|
Thursday, March 7 (Omni Shoreham Hotel)
|8:00 a.m. - 9:15 a.m.||Breakfast and Hill visit recap|
|9:15 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||Advancing ADA advocacy at home|
|12:00 p.m.||Call to Congress adjournment|
*Participants will have prepaid meal cards to cover lunch expenses at Capitol Hill cafeterias. The Association will provide information about Smithsonian museums, Library of Congress, and national monuments for participants who have visiting time between or after meetings.
**The Association will provide information about nearby restaurant options.
Event Location and Details:
- Omni Shoreham Hotel in the Woodley Park neighborhood of northwest Washington, DC, located on the Red Line of DC’s Metro transit system
- All room reservations must be made through the American Diabetes Association online meetings site to ensure the group rate, as well as to eliminate additional fees for the Association.
- Cost of Hotel room per night: $274/night, including taxes
Expenses Covered by the American Diabetes Association:
- Lodging for one night at the Omni Shoreham Hotel (note: the event spans 2 nights/3 days. Participants are required to attend all 3 days)
- Training sessions and materials both before and during Call to Congress
- Briefing materials
- Meals during the event, except Wednesday dinner
- Transportation to Capitol Hill
Expenses Covered by Call to Congress Attendees:
- Air travel and ground transportation to and from the event hotel - (Attendees must arrive at the hotel no later than 12:00 pm ET on Tuesday and leave the hotel no earlier than 12:00 pm ET on Thursday.)
- Additional nights lodging at the Omni Shoreham Hotel (beyond 1 night)
- Wednesday evening dinner or other entertainment
Check out our FREE program for tips on living with type 2.
Help us raise $1 million for diabetes research and other essential programs.
New tools for meal preparation made easy!
Bee Well for Life gives fitness tips and helps Stop Diabetes!
Great recipes tap the salad bar, deli, and freezer case to get food on the table.
Learn to make delicious vegetarian dishes with this easy-to-follow cookbook.
Celebrate the holidays with Diabetes Forecast! Best deal–order today!
Food is an important part of the African American culture. See our recipes.
Stay on track with our holiday meal planning tips. Recipes everyone will enjoy!
Was your child recently diagnosed with type 1 diabetes? Order this free kit.
This personal tracking program is key to diabetes management.
Watch our Stop Diabetes PSA and share with your friends and family.
Recipes for Healthy Living, a holiday survival guide & more!
Get helpful tips for stress-free traveling with diabetes.
Check out our parent mentor volunteer program full of parents just like you!