Hometown Advocates in Action
Resources for Association local volunteer leaders and staff sharing our Advocacy priorities and accomplishments, and recruiting and engaging new advocates in your community.
The following resources are available to assist you in your advocacy efforts:
Including Advocacy at Local Events and Programs:
- Easy Advocacy Checklists for Association Events
- Messaging Tools — Engagement tools and advertising to promote advocacy.
- Recruiting Advocates — Materials for building a stronger base of local advocacy support, including recruiting new grassroots advocates, and recruiting attorneys and health care professionals to advocate for people with diabetes through our Legal Advocacy Networks.
Local Market Planning — Communication and coordination with key advocacy players is essential in planning and implementing advocacy at Association events. Information on reaching out to and forming your advocacy team, and tools for planning local strategy and activities.
Training Webinars — Each year our local staff and volunteers are invitied to participate in live broadcast webinars on a variety of topics related to local advocacy outreach and engagement. Recordings of these webinars can be viewed at anytime.
Key Advocacy Handouts:
- 2012 Advocacy Accomplishments Highlights — Highlights of advocacy accomplishments for 2012.
- 2013 Federal and State Legislative Priorities — Lists all Federal and State Legislative priorities for 2013. Appropriate for use with both internal and external audiences.
Become a Diabetes Advocate
Sign up for email alerts on how you can help stop diabetes.
Thank you for joining us!
If you have diabetes, you are a Red Strider. Register today.
Start summer with some sizzle! Recipes for fish tacos, grilled mango, and more.
This new cookbook is packed with more than 150 mouthwatering recipes for every occasion!
Custom invitations and table cards with your honor gift.
Our new meal planning tools made just for you.
Learn what BIG discounts on auto insurance may await you.
Order your Diabetes Forecast®! 12 Grilled Favorites and 35+ Travel Tips. Start Here
If you have diabetes, join us for the ride!
Sign up for our FREE recipe club and get cookin’!
Learn more about NASCAR driver Ryan Reed and his mission!
Are you incorporating fish into your diet? Learn why you should!
Learn more about how you can better manage your diabetes.
Fairness for kids with diabetes at camp and other programs
Visit our online community today!
Learn more about Dribble to Stop Diabetes