- Hometown Media Engagement: Promoting Advocacy Through Traditional and Social Media — May 2013. Learn about the important role traditional and social media play in promoting and advancing your advocacy efforts in your local community.
- Advocacy Outreach to Communities Hardest Hit by Diabetes — April 2013. Topics include: Association advocacy related to health disparities; culturally competent advocacy outreach, recruitment and engagement; and including Advocacy outreach and engagement in Association high risk programs.
- Tailoring Advocacy Activities for Each Hometown Event— February 2013. Covers strategies and resources for advocacy messaging, outreach and engagement at Association events in your hometown, such as:
- How you can help extend our legal advocacy outreach
- New advocacy print materials
- Specific strategies for each type of Association event
- 2013 Government Affairs and Advocacy Update and Priorities — January 2013. Covers the Association's GA&A 2013 priorities, highlights of 2012 accomplishments and our roadmap for engaging "Advocates in Action" for the coming year.
- Supreme Court Ruling: What Does it Mean? — July 16, 2012. In June, 2012, the Supreme Court of the United States (SCOTUS) ruled to uphold the Affordable Care Act. What does the decision mean for people with diabetes? Learn about what the court said and how it impacts people with and at risk for diabetes.
- April Advocates in Action Webinar: Spotlight on Legal Advocacy — April 26, 2012. Learn about the American Diabetes Association efforts to fight for fairness for people with diabetes; and about how you can help extend our legal advocacy reach by raising awareness and support in your hometown! Hear ideas from other markets about how they've included legal advocacy messages, personal stories, print resources, and activities in their hometown events.
- Hometown Advocacy: Sharing our Stories, Inspiring Support — February 2012. Covers strategies and resources for advocacy messaging and engagement at association events, as well as for outreach to community clubs and organizations.
Check out our FREE program for tips on living with type 2.
Help us raise $1 million for diabetes research and other essential programs.
New tools for meal preparation made easy!
Bee Well for Life gives fitness tips and helps Stop Diabetes!
Great recipes tap the salad bar, deli, and freezer case to get food on the table.
Learn to make delicious vegetarian dishes with this easy-to-follow cookbook.
Celebrate the holidays with Diabetes Forecast! Best deal–order today!
Food is an important part of the African American culture. See our recipes.
Stay on track with our holiday meal planning tips. Recipes everyone will enjoy!
Was your child recently diagnosed with type 1 diabetes? Order this free kit.
This personal tracking program is key to diabetes management.
Watch our Stop Diabetes PSA and share with your friends and family.
Recipes for Healthy Living, a holiday survival guide & more!
Get helpful tips for stress-free traveling with diabetes.
Check out our parent mentor volunteer program full of parents just like you!