Tips to Burn 100 Calories
Get started burning 100 calories every day to get fit and help with weight maintenance. Here are some ways to burn at least 100 calories.
In 5 minutes
- Chop wood continuously
- Ride your stationary bike at a 20 mph pace
In 10 minutes
- Jump rope continuously
- Play a quick game of racquetball
- Swim laps without stopping
- Play a short tennis game
- Ski down that black diamond run
- Shovel snow
In 15 minutes
- Tread water
- Lift weights continuously
- Enjoy a short aerobics class
- Walk uphill
- Paint a small room—or part of a big one!
- Clean a gutter
In 20 minutes
- Rake leaves
- Wash and wax the station wagon or SUV
- Walk briskly through the mall
- Take a leisurely bike ride
- Adopt a highway—and volunteer to pick up trash
In 30 minutes
- Play the piano
- Slow dance continuously
- Play 10 games of pool, averaging three minutes per game
- Put up holiday lights outside the house
- Crew a sailboat
- Push your child in a stroller
- Take the dog for a walk
Guides to Healthy Living
Sign up for our monthly Consumer Books enewsletter and be the first to know about our newest cookbooks and guides on meal planning, nutrition, weight control and self care.
Thank you for signing up!
Check out our parent mentor volunteer program full of parents just like you!
Become a Red Strider! Know someone with diabetes? Walk for them!
Every dollar you give can be doubled until May 15th to help Stop Diabetes!
Scroll through our calendar of EXPOs to find out when there will be one near you.
Ditch the chips! We've got recipes for eight healthy snacks you'll love to eat.
Learn what BIG discounts on auto insurance may await you.
Get motivated with our newly revised “I Hate to Exercise” book
Subscribe to our blog! It’s the best way to see what we’re up to at the Association.
If you have diabetes, join us for the ride!
Order your Diabetes Forecast® today! 25 Tips to healthy living. Click here to start.
Check out our site full of vegetarian meal planning ideas!
Find your local office to get involved in your community.
A new tool to increase the convenience of portion management
Get recipes, tips and more! Join the conversation!
Learn more about Dribble to Stop Diabetes