Tips to Cut 100 Calories
Want to lose 10 pounds this year? Cutting just 100 calories per day can help you shed those extra 10 pounds.
Try some of these simple ways to save 100 calories per day:
- Do you drink more than 2 glasses of whole or 2% milk per day? Switch to 1% or low fat milk.
- Switch from regular bacon to turkey bacon.
- Skip the sugary coffee drink at the café. Order a regular coffee and add some 2% milk and a packet of sugar substitute.
- Limit meat portions to 3-4 ounces (about the size of a deck of cards).
- Choose diet soda instead of regular soda.
- Switch from cooking with butter or margarine to a cooking spray—each tablespoon of butter is an extra 100 calories.
- When making sandwiches or burgers, skip the cheese.
- Instead of a regular or king-size chocolate bar—savor a fun-sized one.
- Don’t reach for that second glass of wine or other alcoholic drink.
- Split dessert with two or three friends.
- Eat an apple or a 6-oz cup of light yogurt for a snack instead of a candy bar or ice cream.
- Choose a small order of french fries instead of a large.
- Use a measuring cup to check your portion sizes.
- Choose marinara sauce instead of creamy white sauces.
- Use milk instead of cream in mashed potatoes and sauces.
Commit now to a few items on this list. Are there ther ways you can think of to cut calories throughout your day?
Guides to Healthy Living
Sign up for our monthly Consumer Books enewsletter and be the first to know about our newest cookbooks and guides on meal planning, nutrition, weight control and self care.
Thank you for signing up!
Check out our FREE program for tips on living with type 2.
Help us raise $1 million for diabetes research and other essential programs.
New tools for meal preparation made easy!
Bee Well for Life gives fitness tips and helps Stop Diabetes!
Great recipes tap the salad bar, deli, and freezer case to get food on the table.
Learn to make delicious vegetarian dishes with this easy-to-follow cookbook.
Celebrate the holidays with Diabetes Forecast! Best deal–order today!
Food is an important part of the African American culture. See our recipes.
Stay on track with our holiday meal planning tips. Recipes everyone will enjoy!
Was your child recently diagnosed with type 1 diabetes? Order this free kit.
This personal tracking program is key to diabetes management.
Watch our Stop Diabetes PSA and share with your friends and family.
Recipes for Healthy Living, a holiday survival guide & more!
Get helpful tips for stress-free traveling with diabetes.
Check out our parent mentor volunteer program full of parents just like you!