Your Current Health
Take a few minutes to explore your current health status – it might give you some motivation to lose weight.
- How many pounds do you need to lose to get to a healthy weight?
- Are you at risk for diabetes?
- If you already have diabetes, do you know your risk for the complications of diabetes such as heart disease and stroke?
Use our tools below to assess your current health and find areas where you can improve:
Check your BMI
A quick way to assess whether or not you need to lose weight is to calculate your body mass index (BMI).
Your BMI is based on a calculation of your weight and height.
The BMI Calculator can help you find out if you need to lose weight and how much weight you need to lose. Knowing this can help you set a weight loss goal.
If you have a lot of weight to lose, your goals may be different. For example, if you are very overweight, your goal might be to 10% of your current weight. Or you may just set a short-term goal to lose 10-15 pounds to start.
Use the tools below to calculate your BMI:
1. Enter your height and click Submit Your Height.
2. A slider will appear. Drag the slider along the bar to your current weight.
Use My Health Advisor
Get a report on your health status with My Health Advisor. See how lifestyle changes can reduce your risk for various health problems.