Tips to Cut 100 Calories
Want to lose 10 pounds this year? Cutting just 100 calories per day can help you shed those extra 10 pounds.
Try some of these simple ways to save 100 calories per day:
- Do you drink more than 2 glasses of whole or 2% milk per day? Switch to 1% or low fat milk.
- Switch from regular bacon to turkey bacon.
- Skip the sugary coffee drink at the café. Order a regular coffee and add some 2% milk and a packet of sugar substitute.
- Limit meat portions to 3-4 ounces (about the size of a deck of cards).
- Choose diet soda instead of regular soda.
- Switch from cooking with butter or margarine to a cooking spray—each tablespoon of butter is an extra 100 calories.
- When making sandwiches or burgers, skip the cheese.
- Instead of a regular or king-size chocolate bar—savor a fun-sized one.
- Don’t reach for that second glass of wine or other alcoholic drink.
- Split dessert with two or three friends.
- Eat an apple or a 6-oz cup of light yogurt for a snack instead of a candy bar or ice cream.
- Choose a small order of french fries instead of a large.
- Use a measuring cup to check your portion sizes.
- Choose marinara sauce instead of creamy white sauces.
- Use milk instead of cream in mashed potatoes and sauces.
Commit now to a few items on this list. Are there ther ways you can think of to cut calories throughout your day?