Diabetes Forecast Consumer Guide 2011: The Latest Tools for a Healthy Diabetes Lifestyle
703-549-1500 ext. 2231
Diabetes Forecast, the consumer magazine of the American Diabetes Association, has published its annual Consumer Guide in its January issue. The number of products on the market can be overwhelming, so Diabetes Forecast seeks to help people with diabetes select the ones that best meet their needs. Highlights from this comprehensive guide to diabetes management products include:
- On the Horizon – Smaller insulin pumps; a tool to turn an iPhone into a glucose meter; a new inhaled insulin; and the most notable cutting-edge technologies coming down the pike.
- Blood Glucose Meters – A complete guide to virtually every meter on the market today, plus everything you need to know about coding, data storage, blood sample sizes, temperature limitations, lancing devices, and more.
- Continuous Glucose Monitors – In-depth, side-by-side comparisons of all four CGMs on the market, plus a list of key functions to consider.
- Insulin Pumps and Infusion Sets – In-depth, side-by-side comparisons of all three pumps currently available, plus what to consider when choosing a pump and infusion set.
- Insulin Pens – An at-a-glance guide to every pen available, with listings of crucial features.
- Online-only listings of diabetes medications and insulins.
There’s more in the January issue. What’s new in healthy living: type 2 diabetes in children, new guidelines for diagnosing gestational diabetes, the latest on calcium and vitamin D, and more. Plus: How to Perfect Your Pasta, a step-by-step illustrated guide to nutritious pasta dishes, with recipes for healthy takes on favorite sauces.
Diabetes Forecast has been America's leading diabetes magazine for more than 60 years, offering the latest news on diabetes research and treatment to provide information, inspiration, and support to people with diabetes.
The American Diabetes Association is leading the fight to Stop Diabetes and its deadly consequences and fighting for those affected by diabetes. The Association funds research to prevent, cure and manage diabetes; delivers services to hundreds of communities; provides objective and credible information; and gives voice to those denied their rights because of diabetes. Founded in 1940, our mission is to prevent and cure diabetes and to improve the lives of all people affected by diabetes. For more information please call the American Diabetes Association at 1-800-DIABETES (1-800-342-2383) or visit www.diabetes.org. Information from both these sources is available in English and Spanish.
Check out our FREE program for tips on living with type 2.
Help us raise $1 million for diabetes research and other essential programs.
New tools for meal preparation made easy!
Bee Well for Life gives fitness tips and helps Stop Diabetes!
Great recipes tap the salad bar, deli, and freezer case to get food on the table.
Learn to make delicious vegetarian dishes with this easy-to-follow cookbook.
Celebrate the holidays with Diabetes Forecast! Best deal–order today!
Food is an important part of the African American culture. See our recipes.
Stay on track with our holiday meal planning tips. Recipes everyone will enjoy!
Was your child recently diagnosed with type 1 diabetes? Order this free kit.
This personal tracking program is key to diabetes management.
Watch our Stop Diabetes PSA and share with your friends and family.
Recipes for Healthy Living, a holiday survival guide & more!
Get helpful tips for stress-free traveling with diabetes.
Check out our parent mentor volunteer program full of parents just like you!