73rd Scientific Sessions Press Conference Audio
Audio recordings of press conferences held at the 73rd Scientific Sessions in Chicago, June 2013.
Friday, June 21, 9 a.m.
Moderator: Anne Peters, MD, University of Southern California
- Rich Bergenstal, MD, Executive Director of the International Diabetes Center at Park Nicollet and Principal Investigator
Friday, June 21, 11 a.m.
Moderator: Steven Smith, MD, Sanford-Burnham Medical Research Institute; Scientific Director, Translational Research Institute for Metabolism & Diabetes
- Laurie Goodyear, PhD, Joslin Section Head, Senior Investigator, Associate Professor, Harvard Medical School
- Kristin Stanford, PhD, Postdoctoral Fellow, Joslin Diabetes Center
Friday, June 21, 2 p.m.
Moderator: Lori Laffel, MD, MPH, Joslin Diabetes Center, Boston, MA
- Jay Sosenko, MD, Professor of Medicine and Epidemiology, University of Miami
- William Hagopian, MD, PhD, Lead Researcher, Scientific Director of Pacific Northwest Diabetes Research Institute; Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine, University of Washington
- Jakko Tuomilehto, Emeritus Professor of Public Health, University of Helsinki, Finland
- John S. Yudkin, MD, Emeritus Professor of Medicine, University College, London; Chairman, International Insulin Foundation
Saturday, June 22, 2 p.m.
Moderator: Jay Skyler, MD, University of Miami Diabetes Research Institute
- David M. Nathan, MD, Director, Massachusetts General Hospital Diabetes Center; DCCT/EDIC Co-chair
- John Lachin, MD, Principal Investigator
- Judith Fradkin, MD, Director, Division of Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolic Diseases, NIDDK
- Ian deBoer, MD, Investigator
Sunday, June 23, 9 a.m.
Moderator: David Marrero, PhD, Director, Diabetes Translational Research Center; Indiana University School of Medicine
- Sandra Jackson, MPH, PhD candidate in Nutrition and Health Science, Emory University
- Lawrence S. Phillips, MD, Professor of Medicine, Emory University, Division of Endocrinology; Director of Clinical Studies Center, Atlanta VA Medical Center
Sunday, June 23, 1 p.m.
Moderator: Robert Ratner, MD, FACP, FACE, Chief Scientific & Medical Officer, American Diabetes Association
- C. Ronald Kahn, MD, Chair of the Mental Advisory Group
- John E. Anderson, MD, President, Medicine & Science, American Diabetes Association
- Mara Darsow, PhD, Vice President, Research Programs, American Diabetes Association
Monday, June 24, 2:30 p.m.
Moderator: Sue Kirkman, MD, University of North Carolina
- Rena Wing, PhD, Chair of Look AHEAD, Professor of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Alpert Medical School, Brown University
- William Knowler, MD, PhD, MPH, Diabetes Epidemiology & Clinical Research Section, NIDDK
- Lucy Faulconbridge, PhD, Assistant Professor of Psychology, Director of Research, Center for Weight and Eating Disorders, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania
- Mary Evans, PhD, Project Scientist, Director of Look AHEAD, Special Projects in Nutrition, Obesity and Digestive Diseases, NIDDK
- Henry Glick, PhD, Professor of Medicine, Division of General Internal Medicine, University of Pennsylvania
Check out our FREE program for tips on living with type 2.
Help us raise $1 million for diabetes research and other essential programs.
New tools for meal preparation made easy!
Bee Well for Life gives fitness tips and helps Stop Diabetes!
Great recipes tap the salad bar, deli, and freezer case to get food on the table.
Learn to make delicious vegetarian dishes with this easy-to-follow cookbook.
Celebrate the holidays with Diabetes Forecast! Best deal–order today!
Food is an important part of the African American culture. See our recipes.
Stay on track with our holiday meal planning tips. Recipes everyone will enjoy!
Was your child recently diagnosed with type 1 diabetes? Order this free kit.
This personal tracking program is key to diabetes management.
Watch our Stop Diabetes PSA and share with your friends and family.
Recipes for Healthy Living, a holiday survival guide & more!
Get helpful tips for stress-free traveling with diabetes.
Check out our parent mentor volunteer program full of parents just like you!