American Diabetes Month®
The vision of the American Diabetes Association is a life free of diabetes and all of its burdens. Raising awareness of this ever-growing disease is one of the main efforts behind the mission of the Association. American Diabetes Month® (ADM) is an important element in this effort, with programs designed to focus the nation's attention on the issues surrounding diabetes and the many people who are impacted by the disease.
Here are just a few of the recent statistics on diabetes:
- Nearly 30 million children and adults in the United States have diabetes.
- Another 86 million Americans have prediabetes and are at risk for developing type 2 diabetes.
- The American Diabetes Association estimates that the total national cost of diagnosed diabetes in the United States is $245 billion.
American Diabetes Month takes place each November and is a time to come together as a community to Stop Diabetes®!
Join us this November— visit us online each week and get tips on staying healthy throughout the holiday season, learn how to host a special, food-themed event and vote for your favorite recipes to help create the perfect holiday meal!
Meet the Faces Joining America Gets Cooking to Stop Diabetes
Robyn Webb, MS - As the food editor for Diabetes Forecast and also an award-winning cookbook author and culinary instructor, Robyn has been a passionate advocate of cooking and eating wisely. Because of health problems within her own family, most notably diabetes, Robyn learned early on the importance of a balanced, healthful approach to eating.
DJ Spinderella - Spinderella is a member of the iconic hip-hop group Salt-n-Pepa and has personally seen the severe consequences diabetes has had on not only the person with the disease, but an entire family. Her mother passed away from complications of diabetes, and now she watches her brother and young nephew live with diabetes every day. Spinderella is committed to raising awareness of diabetes and the importance of eating healthy and being active.
- American Diabetes Month 2014 Fact Sheet
- American Diabetes Month 2014 Newsletter Insert
- American Diabetes Month 2014 PowerPoint
- American Diabetes Month 2014 8.5x11 Poster
- American Diabetes Month 2014 8.5x11 Poster - Black and White
- American Diabetes Month 2014 11x17 Poster
- American Diabetes Month 2014 11x17 Poster - Black and White
- American Diabetes Month 2014 Spinderella 8.5x11 Poster
- American Diabetes Month 2014 Spinderella 8.5x11 Poster - Black and White
- American Diabetes Month 2014 Spinderella 11x17 Poster
- American Diabetes Month 2014 Spinderella 11x17 Poster - Black and White
America Gets Cooking to Stop Diabetes is presented by