John Pipe Voices for Change Awards
SDPI Grantees Nominate Your Program Today
The Awakening the Spirit Team of the American Diabetes Association will accept nominations for the sixth annual "John Pipe Voices for Change Awards" beginning September 1 until September 30. Nominees should be Special Diabetes Programs for Indians grantees. Their programs should emphasize some cultural relevancy to effective diabetes treatment and prevention services in American Indian and Alaska Native communities.
These Awards recognize programs that have excelled in the following categories:
- Advocacy — excellence in activities that supported the renewal of the SDPI
- Outcomes — developing activities that have resulted in measurable outcomes
- Innovation — developing creative and innovative diabetes prevention and treatment activities
It is Up to You to Nominate Your Program!
We believe that your accomplishments in the prevention and treatment of diabetes in tribal communities deserve to be acknowledged and shared on a national level, so that other communities and programs can benefit from your successes. Programs chosen for this award receive:
- Commemorative award.
- Commemorative John Pipe Voices for Change logo usage.
- Social Media recognition.
- All awardees will be acknowledged in the December 2014 issue of Diabetes Forecast®.
- Awards will be announced in an American Diabetes Association national and local press release.
All nominations and supporting materials must be submitted online by September 30, 2014.
Download Call for Nominations flyer to pass along.
If you have any questions, please contact Kelly Concho-Hayes at email@example.com or 1-800-DIABETES (800-342-2383).