John Pipe Voices for Change Awards
SDPI Grantees Nominate Your Program
The Awakening the Spirit Initiative of the American Diabetes Association recognizes leading Special Diabetes Program for Indians (SDPI) grantees by awarding them with the John Pipe Voices for Change Award. These programs are recognized for their effective diabetes treatment and prevention services in the American Indian and Alaska Native community. The awards are named in memory of a long-time diabetes advocate named John Pipe of Wolf Point, Montana. He was a dedicated diabetes advocate and served as a member of the Association's Native American Initiatives Subcommittee. His longstanding volunteer efforts reached from his local community to Washington, D.C., and affected countless tribal communities.
So in honor of John Pipe we are now accepting nominations for the eigth Annual "John Pipe Voices for Change Awards" until August 22, 2016. Nominees should be Special Diabetes Programs for Indians grantees. Their programs should emphasize some cultural relevancy to effective diabetes treatment and prevention services in American Indian and Alaska Native communities.
These Awards recognize programs that have excelled in the following categories:
- Leadership Excellence — displayed excellence in addressing social problems, improved accessibility to services and enhanced social well-being of their community as well as showed efforts in educating on the importance and impact of renewing SDPI funding.
- Outcomes Achievement — developed a program and/or activities that have resulted in measurable outcomes
- Innovative Program — developed program and/or activities that exhibits originality, ingenuity and resourcefulness
It is Up to You to Nominate Your Program!
We believe that your accomplishments in the prevention and treatment of diabetes in tribal communities deserve to be acknowledged and shared on a national level, so that other communities and programs can benefit from your successes. Programs chosen for this award receive:
- Commemorative award
- Commemorative John Pipe Voices for Change logo usage
- Social Media recognition
- All awardees will be acknowledged in the November/December 2016 issue of Diabetes Forecast®
- Awards will be announced in an American Diabetes Association national and local press release
All nominations and supporting materials must be submitted online by August 22, 2016.
If you have any questions, please contact Angelica Alton at email@example.com or 1-800-DIABETES (800-342-2383).