American Diabetes Association Weight Talk® Program
Brought to you through collaboration between the American Diabetes Association and Alere Health, the American Diabetes Association Weight Talk® Program is a specialized coaching program designed to achieve measurable, sustainable weight loss for general health, diabetes management and the prevention of type 2 diabetes.
Unlike "self-help" weight loss products, the Weight Talk® Program is delivered through regular phone-based coaching sessions with a dedicated coach and supported by specialized calls with registered dietitians. The experience is highly personalized, supportive, and proven effective. Participants set realistic weight loss goals and then learn how, through small, tailored changes across multiple behaviors, to achieve and maintain a healthy weight for the rest of their lives.
The Weight Talk® Program is designed to engage participants through multiple modalities, including phone coaching, web-based activities, community support and self-monitoring via devices.
Program participants will receive:
- Personal Coaching:
- 11 scheduled coaching calls with a dedicated coach, fitness specialist or registered dietitian
- Unlimited inbound access to coaches via phone and email for up to one year
- Activities assigned for completion between coaching calls
- Specialized support for obese, type 2 diabetes and post-bariatric surgery participants
- Engagement Tools:
- Program guide and food journal
- Unlimited access to interactive web and mobile support tools that integrate seamlessly with the phone-based coaching sessions for up to one year
- Optional: Fitbit Zip™ wireless activity monitor
- Optional: In-home biometric test kit
- Online and Mobile Tools:
- Library of articles, videos, quizzes and tools
- Trackers for weight, healthy eating, physical activity, stress, and biometrics
- To-do list from dedicated coach
- Social support community
Please notify your local American Diabetes Association if you are interested in more information about the Weight Talk® program.