Camp Aspire - Session 1
About the Camp
Camp Aspire is an acronym for "Always Sharing Priceless, Inspirational, Rewarding Experiences."
It is held at the Rochester Rotary Sunshine Campus in Rush, New York, only 15 miles from Rochester, NY. The camp is located on 156 acres of land in a rural setting, including modern year-round cabins, an Olympic size swimming pool, nature trails, athletic fields, and a fishing pond. Some of the activities include: rock wall with zip line, tree house, arts and crafts, drama and music, and a splash pad! Come join the fun!
The main goal of the program at Camp Aspire is to allow the campers the ability to feel at ease and "accepted" in a community where having diabetes is the rule, not the exception. The campers learn to understand diabetes and the process of self-management, under skilled and continuous medical supervision. It is the hope of the staff that these children go home feeling more self-confident, self-reliant and having gained the knowledge they need to live successful, full lives with diabetes. We want kids to leave Camp feeling empowered and being able to say, "I went to camp and had fun!" Many of these children come to camp not knowing any other people with diabetes, especially other kids like themselves. There are friendships made which last a lifetime!
Total Family Contribution (Camp Fee): $650Apply for Camp
CIT Age: 17
More Information About the Camp
Camp Aspire will only accept campers are 8 through 17 who are living with diabetes. We will not accept siblings, relatives, or friends who do not have diabetes.
Thanks to the hard work of our volunteers and staff, as well as the generosity of our sponsors and donors, the American Diabetes Association is proud to offer Need-Based Financial Aid to families who apply completely and on-time. Funds are limited, so please ensure that you read and comply with all instructions.
- Register online for Camp 2017. Fill out the application completely and pay the $25 Non-Refundable Registration Fee online. Applications cannot be processed until receipt of the $25 Non-Refundable Registration Fee. If you do not have the means to make an payment online, please call 585-458 3040.
- At the end of the online portion of the Registration, you will be prompted to download the "Supplemental Forms". The Supplemental Forms are a crucial part of your camper's application. It is recommended that you print out the Supplemental Forms. You must provide Proof of Yearly Income such as the 1040 tax form with SS# covered up. The Proof of Yearly Income can be mailed to our Office Location.
- Wait while your Financial Aid Application goes through Committee Review. If it is determined that you will receive an award, you will be notified. Remember that Full Payment is due by May 30, therefore it is recommended that you submit the Financial Aid Application well before the deadline.
Working or Volunteering at Camp Aspire
Join us this year and make a difference in the life of a child living with diabetes. Camp Aspire would not be possible without the help and support of our Staff and Medical Volunteers. Our team of medical staff assist campers with diabetes management skills such as blood glucose testing, insulin injections, insulin pump basal rate adjustment, deciding on insulin dosing, carbohydrate counting, and more!
- Medical Director
- Medical Coordinators
- Camp Nurse
- Cabin Clinician
- Lead Medical Staff
- Social Worker
- Dietician's Assistant
- Nurse's Assistant
Thanks to Our Sponsors
- The Rochester Rotary Club
- Excellus BlueCross BlueShield
- Manning & Napier
- Helmsley Charitable Trust
- Lions Clubs
- The Wilson Foundation
- Chatauqua Region Community Foundation
- Niagara Wheatfield Varsity & Jr Varsity Girl's Basketball
- Camp Angels
- Ames Amzalak Memorial Trust
- Sigma Nu Chi of Geneseo
- Lilly Diabetes
- Sage Rutty & Co. Inc.
- Novo Nordisk
- The Captain's Challenge Foundation