Atlanta EXPO 2014
The EXPO is FREE and includes health screenings, cooking demonstrations, product and service exhibitors, as well as leading experts talking about diabetes management, research and prevention. Get the latest information on preventing and managing diabetes and its deadly complications to help keep you and your family healthy.
Visit the American Diabetes Association EXPO Atlanta and Join the Millions® in the fight to Stop Diabetes®. Learn how to live healthy, be active and change the future of diabetes for you and your family.
While you are there, be sure to visit all the areas of EXPO including the:
- Main Stage — Visit our Main Stage to hear health professionals address topics on living well with diabetes.
- Healthy Cooking Stage — Enjoy FREE cooking demonstrations featuring budget-friendly recipes that will keep you on track to manage or prevent diabetes.
- Family Fun Area — A fun, interactive area for children living with diabetes and their families to learn about diabetes resources.
- Active Living Area — Wear comfortable clothing and join in the fun – from Zumba to exercise demos, attendees will learn easy ways to add activity to their daily lives.
- Por Tu Familia — Spanish-language presentations, workshops and diabetes resources provided by bilingual speakers. Get the information you need here!
- FREE Health Screenings — Screenings are available from third-party organizations, while supplies last so come early!
- Blood Gluccose
- Blood pressure
- Dental screenings
- Flu Shots — For the Atlanta EXPO, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Georgia (BCBSGa) will offer no cost flu shots to State Health Benefit Plan members, retirees and their covered dependents (13 years of age and older), in the EXPO's Health Screenings area, when they present their member ID card. Visit our appointment scheduling site at www.SHBPFlushot.bioiq.com to reserve your time slot in advance or simply visit our table on the day of the event. See you there and don't forget your member ID card! BCBSGa is a proud supporter of the American Diabetes Association.
Special Guest Appearances
Along with the wellness resources you need to prevent and manage your diabetes to avoid complications, our newly revamped event will feature the legendary Patti LaBelle along with a special celebrity guest chef for an exclusive cooking demonstration. Be among the first in Atlanta to try dishes featuring Patti's Good Life sauces and marinades on the EXPO Main Stage.
We are excited to announce that nine time NBA All-Star and Atlanta Hawks all-time leading scorer, Dominique Wilkins will share his journey with type 2 diabetes at the EXPO! Come hear why Dominique is passionate about encouraging others to manage their diabetes.
You won't want to miss them, so be sure to register today!
Like most successful events, the American Diabetes Association EXPO could not happen without volunteer support. Sign up to be an EXPO volunteer today!
Thanks to Our Sponsors