A Special Thanks!
The Chicago EXPO staff is greatful for each and every one of our volunteers who helped make the 2013 EXPO a huge success! Your generosity, dedication and flexibility helped us in ensuring all of our attendees had a rewarding and educational experience. Our 2013 show was one of our largest yet! We reached over 11,000 of our own community members spreading the message of good health, nutrition and diabetes awareness which we couldn't have done this without you! We hope to see many of you again next year for the 2014 American Diabetes Association EXPO. Save the Date - April 5, 2014. Thank you!
Like most successful events, the American Diabetes Association EXPO could not happen without volunteer support. It takes over 300 dedicated volunteers to ensure an EXPO event runs smoothly. You, your family and friends can play a vital role in its success!
In addition to our endless gratitude, each volunteer receives the following as tokens of our thanks:
- American Diabetes Association Volunteer T-shirt
- American Diabetes Association Water Bottle and water station will be available
- An invitation to stay with us and enjoy as much of the day as you would like before or after your shift
To register to be become at volunteer at EXPO, please read through the volunteer activity descriptions (listed below) and contact Mary Sullivan at MSullivan@diabetes.org for questions.
Volunteer Activity Descriptions
- Greeter Volunteers
- Registration Volunteers
- Volunteer Check In
- Exhibitor/Speaker Registration Volunteers
- Information Booth Volunteers
- ADA Experience Volunteers
- Main Stage Volunteers
- Healthy Eating Stage Volunteers
- Fitness Stage Volunteers
- Mission Delivery Stage Volunteers
- Por tu Familia/Live Empowered Volunteers
- Screening Guide Volunteers
- Wheelchair Check-in/out Volunteers
- Photographer Volunteers
- Visually-Impaired Attendant Volunteers
- Family Fun Corner Volunteers
We will have two volunteer conference call dates to inform volunteers on their tasks and experience at the Chicago EXPO. Details will be sent to volunteers by email.
- Qualifications/Skills: Must be 18 years or older, reliable, energetic and able to lift 50 lbs. Familiar with diabetes.
- Time Commitment: 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Morning and Afternoon shifts available.
- Transportation: Parking is NOT free at McCormick Place. We encourage you to use public transportation. Please see EXPO main page for public transportation options and driving directions.
For any questions, please contact Mary Sullivan at MSullivan@diabetes.org.
Thank you to our sponsors:
Thank you to our
2013 media sponsor:
Check out our FREE program for tips on living with type 2.
Help us raise $1 million for diabetes research and other essential programs.
New tools for meal preparation made easy!
Bee Well for Life gives fitness tips and helps Stop Diabetes!
Great recipes tap the salad bar, deli, and freezer case to get food on the table.
Learn to make delicious vegetarian dishes with this easy-to-follow cookbook.
Celebrate the holidays with Diabetes Forecast! Best deal–order today!
Food is an important part of the African American culture. See our recipes.
Stay on track with our holiday meal planning tips. Recipes everyone will enjoy!
Was your child recently diagnosed with type 1 diabetes? Order this free kit.
This personal tracking program is key to diabetes management.
Watch our Stop Diabetes PSA and share with your friends and family.
Recipes for Healthy Living, a holiday survival guide & more!
Get helpful tips for stress-free traveling with diabetes.
Check out our parent mentor volunteer program full of parents just like you!