Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the American Diabetes Association EXPO on Saturday, April 13, 2013. Like most successful events, the American Diabetes Association EXPO could not happen without volunteer support. It takes over 300 dedicated volunteers to ensure an EXPO event runs smoothly. You, your family and friends can play a vital role in its success!
In addition to our endless gratitude, each volunteer receives the following as tokens of our thanks:
- American Diabetes Association Volunteer T-shirt
- American Diabetes Association Water Bottle and water station will be available
- An invitation to stay with us and enjoy as much of the day as you would like before or after your shift
To register to be become at volunteer at EXPO, please read through the volunteer activity descriptions (listed below) and contact Mary Sullivan at MSullivan@diabetes.org for questions.
Volunteer Activity Descriptions
- Greeter Volunteers
- Registration Volunteers
- Volunteer Check
- Exhibitor/Speaker Registration Volunteers
- Information Booth Volunteers
- ADA Experience Volunteers
- ADA Main Stage Volunteers
- Healthy Eating Stage Volunteers
- Fitness Stage Volunteers
- Faces of Diabetes Stage Volunteers
- Por Tu Familia/Live Empowered Volunteers
- Screening Guide Volunteers
- Wheelchair Check-in/out Volunteers
- Photographer Volunteers Responsibilities
- Visually-Impaired Attendant Volunteers
- ADA Youth Zone Volunteers
- Evaluations Volunteers
We will have two volunteer conference call dates to inform volunteers on their tasks and experience at the Chicago EXPO. Details will be sent to volunteers by email.
- Qualifications/Skills: Must be 18 years or older, reliable, energetic and able to lift 50 lbs. Familiar with diabetes.
- Time Commitment: 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Morning and Afternoon shifts available.
- Transportation: Parking is NOT free at McCormick Place. We encourage you to use public transportation. Please see EXPO main page for public transportation options and driving directions.
For any questions, please contact Mary Sullivan at MSullivan@diabetes.org.
A Special Thanks!
The Chicago EXPO staff is extremely thankful for each and every one of our volunteers who helped make the 2012 EXPO a huge success! Your time, energy and flexibility helped us in ensuring all of our attendees had a rewarding and educational experience. We hope to see many of you again this year for the 2013 American Diabetes Association EXPO. Thank you!
Check out our parent mentor volunteer program full of parents just like you!
Become a Red Strider! Know someone with diabetes? Walk for them!
Every dollar you give can be doubled until May 15th to help Stop Diabetes!
Scroll through our calendar of EXPOs to find out when there will be one near you.
Ditch the chips! We've got recipes for eight healthy snacks you'll love to eat.
Learn what BIG discounts on auto insurance may await you.
Get motivated with our newly revised “I Hate to Exercise” book
Subscribe to our blog! It’s the best way to see what we’re up to at the Association.
If you have diabetes, join us for the ride!
Order your Diabetes Forecast® today! 25 Tips to healthy living. Click here to start.
Check out our site full of vegetarian meal planning ideas!
Find your local office to get involved in your community.
A new tool to increase the convenience of portion management
Get recipes, tips and more! Join the conversation!
Learn more about Dribble to Stop Diabetes