The EXPO is free and includes health screenings, cooking demonstrations, product and service exhibitors, as well as leading experts talking about diabetes management and prevention. Get the latest information on preventing and managing diabetes and its deadly complications to help keep you and your family healthy.
Visit the American Diabetes Association EXPO/Portland and Join the Millions® in the fight to Stop Diabetes®. Learn how to live healthy, be active, and change the future of diabetes for you and your family.
Have a question about EXPO? Contact Jessica Goodrich at 503-736-2770 ext. 7294 or email@example.com.
Online pre-registration is now closed. Please join us this Saturday, May 4, 2013 and register onsite for the American Diabetes Association EXPO Portland.
EXPO at a Glance
- Volunteers Needed!
- Main Stage
- Healthy Cooking Demonstration
- Active Living Demonstration
- Free Health Screenings
- Ask an Expert
- Interactive Healthy Kids/Family Fun for youth of all ages
- Por Tu Familia (Sessions in Spanish)
- Jim Hanson Memorial Symposium
- Directions to the Convention Center
The American Diabetes Association's EXPO is proud to feature Ken Gordon, local owner of Kenny & Zuke's restaurants and columnist for the Oregonian. He will share his journey of being newly diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and the exceptional changes he has made in just one year to manage the disease. Mr. Gordon will also cook a delicious and diabetes friendly recipe in our healthy cooking demonstration area.
A campaign designed to help women in their 40's, 50's and 60's take steps today so they will be adequately prepared for a safe, healthy and secure tomorrow.
- Decide what kind of future you envision for yourself.
- Create a plan that will help you achieve those goals.
- Share that plan with the important people in your life.
- 10:30 a.m. — Living Longer, Living Smarter
- 11:30 a.m. — Health for Women After 50
- 12:30 p.m. — Living Longer, Living Smarter Trivia Game Show
- 1:30 p.m. — Ten Steps to a Secure Financial Future
- 2:30 p.m. — Family Care Giving 101
Sponsored by OSA and Philips Respironics.
- 9:30 a.m. — Diabetes 101
Dr. Fawn Wolf, Portland Diabetes & Endocrinology Center
- 10:30 a.m. — My Journey with Type 2 Diabetes
Ken Gordon, Chef, Kenny & Zukes
- 11:30 a.m. — Sleep Disorders & Type 2 Diabetes
Dr. Daniel Root, Oregon Sleep Associates
- 12:30 p.m. — Prediabetes & Prevention
Dr. Pat Boyle, Samaritan Health Services
- 1:30 p.m. — Avoiding Diabetes Burnout
Dr. Mike Fulop, Clinical Psychologist
- 2:30 p.m. — Research Update
Dr. Andrew Ahmann, Harold Schnitzer Diabetes Health Center at Oregon Health & Science University
- 10:30 a.m. — Kathryn Yeomas, ODS Meals that Heal
- 11:30 a.m. — Magdalena Valdivieso, Cha Cha Cha!
- 12:30 p.m. — Ken Gordon, Chef, Kenny & Zukes
- 1:30 p.m. — Tamara Leibfarth, Chef, Simply Thyme Catering
YMCA Circuit Training and more class demonstrations.
- Blood Glucose - Non-Fasting
- Podiatry Specialist
- Sleep Professionals
- Diabetes Educators
- Social Worker
- Portland Timbers Street Team will do active games with kids and drawings for Timbers tickets.
- Gales Creek Camp "camp experience" for kids
- Inflatables and more.
Sponsored by Takeda.
- 10:30 a.m. — Dr. William Chapin, Adventist Health
- 11:30 a.m. — Dr. Richard Aguilar, High Lakes Health Care
- TBD — Takeda Speaker (TBD)
Screenings in Spanish throughout the day.
Is your family affected by type 1 diabetes?
The Jim Hansen, MD Memorial Symposium at EXPO is for youth with type 1 diabetes and their families. Parents are invited to "The Building Blocks of Type 1 Parenting: Know Your Strengths" from 10:00 a.m. to noon, featuring clinical psychologist Dr. Michael Fulop.
During the symposium, there will be a kids' activity next door where children will get the chance to participate in the "Gales Creek Camp Experience!"
To register for this symposium or to learn more, contact us at 1-888-DIABETES (888-342-2383) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you interested in volunteering at this year's EXPO. We need your talents and time to help us at this year's EXPO.
We strongly recommend the use of public transportation.
For parking information, follow this link for the the Oregon Convention Center.
Online pre-registration is now closed.
Please join us this Saturday, May 4, 2013 and register onsite for the American Diabetes Association EXPO Portland.
Check out our parent mentor volunteer program full of parents just like you!
Become a Red Strider! Know someone with diabetes? Walk for them!
Every dollar you give can be doubled until May 15th to help Stop Diabetes!
Scroll through our calendar of EXPOs to find out when there will be one near you.
Ditch the chips! We've got recipes for eight healthy snacks you'll love to eat.
Learn what BIG discounts on auto insurance may await you.
Get motivated with our newly revised “I Hate to Exercise” book
Subscribe to our blog! It’s the best way to see what we’re up to at the Association.
If you have diabetes, join us for the ride!
Order your Diabetes Forecast® today! 25 Tips to healthy living. Click here to start.
Check out our site full of vegetarian meal planning ideas!
Find your local office to get involved in your community.
A new tool to increase the convenience of portion management
Get recipes, tips and more! Join the conversation!
Learn more about Dribble to Stop Diabetes