Stop Diabetes at Work℠
A Healthy Workforce Leads to a Healthy Bottom Line
Health and productivity are inextricably linked. A healthy workforce is productive, has reduced levels of absenteeism and presenteeism, and requires less company and personal investment in health care expenses. Investing in awareness, behavior change, biometrics and environmental support can lead to short-term and long-term improvements in employee health and productivity. The American Diabetes Association's Stop Diabetes at Work interactive resources can help.
Stop Diabetes at Work is an American Diabetes Association initiative designed to help companies and employees take charge of their health and reduce their risk for diabetes. This online program addresses diabetes awareness, detection, prevention (of the disease and its complications) and successful management. It is an opportunity to begin the process of education and changing behaviors, which in turn lowers the employer's economic costs related to this dreadful and expensive disease. Components of the program currently include:
Get the Facts
- Learn more about the critical need to focus on diabetes in the workplace.
- Make the business case for a healthy worksite. Listen to archived webinars with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention expert Pamela Allweiss, MD, MPH, or view the slides.
- Take the Diabetes Risk Test and share it with your colleagues. Post it on your intranet or distribute hard copies to your employees.
- Share the Association's MyFoodAdvisor for recipes and healthy eating advice.
- Let employees with type 2 diabetes know about Living with Type 2 Diabetes, a free year-long program that helps them learn to live well with diabetes.
- Lifestyle tips for all employees.
- Information about preventing nerve damage, kidney damage, heart attacks and strokes.
Stop Diabetes at Work Benefits Includes
- Employer access to a password-protected portal with electronic resources to share with your staff.
- Employee access to web-based materials to help them learn about healthy lifestyles and track their successes.
- Opportunity for an American Diabetes Association associate to present a "Lunch and Learn" workshop which overviews healthy living and diabetes prevention and management.
Visit www.diabetes.org/workplace or contact Brooke Hartrum at 732-469-7979 ext. 3521 for more information or to register for this FREE program.
Check out our parent mentor volunteer program full of parents just like you!
Become a Red Strider! Know someone with diabetes? Walk for them!
Every dollar you give can be doubled until May 15th to help Stop Diabetes!
Scroll through our calendar of EXPOs to find out when there will be one near you.
Ditch the chips! We've got recipes for eight healthy snacks you'll love to eat.
Learn what BIG discounts on auto insurance may await you.
Get motivated with our newly revised “I Hate to Exercise” book
Subscribe to our blog! It’s the best way to see what we’re up to at the Association.
If you have diabetes, join us for the ride!
Order your Diabetes Forecast® today! 25 Tips to healthy living. Click here to start.
Check out our site full of vegetarian meal planning ideas!
Find your local office to get involved in your community.
A new tool to increase the convenience of portion management
Get recipes, tips and more! Join the conversation!
Learn more about Dribble to Stop Diabetes