55 E Monroe St
Chicago, IL 60603
View Larger Map
Find a Recognized Education Program Near You.
Illinoisans are increasingly feeling the effects of diabetes as thousands of people suffer from the disease, and many others may have diabetes and not know it! It is estimated that one out of every three children born after 2000 in the United States will be directly affected by diabetes.
That is why the American Diabetes Association's Chicago office is so committed to educating the public about how to stop diabetes and support those living with the disease.
We are here to help.
Stop Diabetes Week Declared for June 18 to 25, 2013
This year marks the 73rd Scientific Sessions to held at McCormick Place, Chicago from June 21 to 25, 2013. More than 14,000 top scientists, physicians and other health care professionals from around the world gather each year to share cutting-edge research, treatment recommendations and advances toward a cure for diabetes. With conferences like these the Association is leading the fight to stop diabetes and its deadly consequences, and fighting for all those affected by diabetes. That is why Mayor Rahm Emanuel has proclaimed June 18 to 25, 2013 to be Stop Diabetes Week in Chicago.
What can you do to help stop diabetes?
- Walk and fundraise for our Step Out: Walk to Stop Diabetes® events.
- Host an educational session at your local church or community center through our Por tu Familia or Live Empowered programs.
- Start a Workplace Giving campaign at your company and set up "lunch and learns" for the entire staff.
- Become an advocate for the American Diabetes Asssociation by signing up online here.
- Register your child's school to host a School Walk for Diabetes.
What will you do? Take the pledge and let the world know. Together we can Stop Diabetes! Visit www.stopdiabetes.com to learn more.
Additional Upcoming 2013 Signature Events
- Tour de Cure® at MB Financial Bank Bike the Drive - May 26, 2013
- Chicagoland Tour de Cure® - June 9, 2013
- Father of the Year Awards - June 13, 2013
- Step Out: Walk to Stop Diabetes® (Buffalo Grove) - September 28, 2013
- Step Out: Walk to Stop Diabetes® (Chicago) - September 29, 2013
- School Walk for Diabetes - Year Round
Visit our Events page for more information on these and other events.
Other Ways to Interact With Us
Special Thanks To:
See a list of events this month and for upcoming months.
Click on small arrows next to the month’s name to advance list to next month.
Some months may not have any events.
Check out our parent mentor volunteer program full of parents just like you!
Become a Red Strider! Know someone with diabetes? Walk for them!
Every dollar you give can be doubled until May 15th to help Stop Diabetes!
Scroll through our calendar of EXPOs to find out when there will be one near you.
Ditch the chips! We've got recipes for eight healthy snacks you'll love to eat.
Learn what BIG discounts on auto insurance may await you.
Get motivated with our newly revised “I Hate to Exercise” book
Subscribe to our blog! It’s the best way to see what we’re up to at the Association.
If you have diabetes, join us for the ride!
Order your Diabetes Forecast® today! 25 Tips to healthy living. Click here to start.
Check out our site full of vegetarian meal planning ideas!
Find your local office to get involved in your community.
A new tool to increase the convenience of portion management
Get recipes, tips and more! Join the conversation!
Learn more about Dribble to Stop Diabetes