Live Empowered - African American Initatives
Are you looking for...
- Fun and practical ways to stay active and fit?
- Black hair care tips that you can maintain while exercising?
- Easy soul food recipes to help you build a diet that is both healthy AND delicious?
- Ways to manage diabetes and/or improve your overall health and wellness?
Then don't miss 2013 Chicago Diabetes EXPO! While you are there, visit the LIVE Empowered zone. LIVE Empowered is a collaborative effort between the Association and people of color to pro actively fight against diabetes.
April 13, 2013
McCormick Place, Lakeside Center
2301 S. Lake Shore Drive, Chicago, IL. 60616
10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
At the EXPO you and your family will experience a free interactive one-day event that provides thousands of people access to diabetes-related products and services, health screenings, informational seminars and much more. Come out and have a good time!
Registration is NOW OPEN online at diabetes.org/expochicago. Sign up today to receive program updates!
Looking for a way to get your church more involved and have a healthier congregation? We are asking our faith partners to jump into action and help us spread the word about this important health event by:
- Hosting a Registration night at your church. The Association will send paper registration forms and diabetes information to display so that your members can get enrolled with all the information they need to attend EXPO.
- Use your church bus to drop off your members at EXPO. Parking for a bus is only $30 at McCormick Place and is a great option for large groups.
- Add information about EXPO in your church bulletin during the months of March and April.
Sign up your church to participate and earn cool prizes such as: a free cookbook or a Life Fitness kit valued at over $350 and includes: a yoga mat, resistance tubes, resistance rings, heart rate/pedometer watch, non-rolling balance ball, exercise video, hand weights and double-grip medicine ball.
For more info on how your church can participate in EXPO Chicago 2013, contact Sheena Bryant at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-346-1805 ext. 6571.
Thank you to our proud supporter of the Stop Diabetes Movement.
Check out our parent mentor volunteer program full of parents just like you!
Become a Red Strider! Know someone with diabetes? Walk for them!
Every dollar you give can be doubled until May 15th to help Stop Diabetes!
Scroll through our calendar of EXPOs to find out when there will be one near you.
Ditch the chips! We've got recipes for eight healthy snacks you'll love to eat.
Learn what BIG discounts on auto insurance may await you.
Get motivated with our newly revised “I Hate to Exercise” book
Subscribe to our blog! It’s the best way to see what we’re up to at the Association.
If you have diabetes, join us for the ride!
Order your Diabetes Forecast® today! 25 Tips to healthy living. Click here to start.
Check out our site full of vegetarian meal planning ideas!
Find your local office to get involved in your community.
A new tool to increase the convenience of portion management
Get recipes, tips and more! Join the conversation!
Learn more about Dribble to Stop Diabetes