Northeast Ohio Stop Diabetes® Awards of Excellence
Please mark your calenders and join us on Thursday, November 21, 2013 at the Embassy Suites in Independence, Ohio for the 2nd Annual Stop Diabetes® Awards of Excellence! This premier event will include a vendor showcase, breakfast, awards ceremony and an optional program for CEU credits.
Tickets are only $40. Visit diabetes.org/neoawardstickets to purchase your ticket(s) online.
It is with great pleasure that we announce our 2013 Stop Diabetes® Awards of Excellence winners. These individuals have made an exceptional difference in the lives of people with and affected by diabetes in northeast Ohio. Please join us in congratulating:
SHARE: Phyllis Ulrich, Carlisle, McNellie, Rini, Kramer & Ulrich Co., LPA
Honoree has demonstrated a significant and ongoing ability to train and motivate individuals in Northeast Ohio to adopt a healthier lifestyle to improve self management and prevention of diabetes through:
- Leadership role on a committee, event or community activity
- Collaborative initiatives
- Patient empowerment
- Educating and training other health care professionals
ACT: Madison Walters
Honoree has demonstrated a significant and ongoing commitment to supporting one or more activities in Northeast Ohio that:
- Improve outcomes for people with diabetes and pre-diabetes
- Advocate on behalf of those at risk and those with diabetes who have been denied their rights because of diabetes
- Increase access to qualify diabetes care
- Provide clinical diabetes care
- Uphold the American Diabetes Association's standards of care for screening and treatment of diabetes and prediabetes
- Expand the field of diabetes research: research projects, funding and collaboration on research opportunities
LEARN: Lisa Seders, Summa Endocrinology
Honoree has demonstrated a significant and ongoing commitment to those affected by diabetes in Northeast Ohio by one or more activities such as:
- Conducting and facilitating program events that provide education and raise awareness
- Communicating key prevention messages including targeted, culturally competent outreach to high risk populations
- Raising awareness related to all aspects, including physical and emotional, of diabetes
- Initiating activities that improve the quality of life for individuals living with diabetes
GIVE: Andy Jones, MCPc
Honoree has demonstrated a significant and ongoing financial commitment for research and other mission-driven activities of the American Diabetes Association in Northeast Ohio.
We are excited to have a wide variety of vendors attending the vendor showcase that represent the many facets of diabetes products and services. Some of the companies joining us are:
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Cardiovascular Systems Inc.
- Diabetes Care Services
- Novo Nordisk
For more information, please contact Joann Mraz at firstname.lastname@example.org or 216-328-9989 ext. 6550.
Check out our FREE program for tips on living with type 2.
Help us raise $1 million for diabetes research and other essential programs.
New tools for meal preparation made easy!
Bee Well for Life gives fitness tips and helps Stop Diabetes!
Great recipes tap the salad bar, deli, and freezer case to get food on the table.
Learn to make delicious vegetarian dishes with this easy-to-follow cookbook.
Celebrate the holidays with Diabetes Forecast! Best deal–order today!
Food is an important part of the African American culture. See our recipes.
Stay on track with our holiday meal planning tips. Recipes everyone will enjoy!
Was your child recently diagnosed with type 1 diabetes? Order this free kit.
This personal tracking program is key to diabetes management.
Watch our Stop Diabetes PSA and share with your friends and family.
Recipes for Healthy Living, a holiday survival guide & more!
Get helpful tips for stress-free traveling with diabetes.
Check out our parent mentor volunteer program full of parents just like you!