Northeast Ohio Stop Diabetes® Awards of Excellence
Have you or someone you know made an exceptional difference in the lives of people with and affected by diabetes in Northeast Ohio? If so, consider submitting a nomination for the 2nd annual 2013 Northeast Ohio Stop Diabetes Awards of Excellence. Please mark your calanders and join us Thursday, November 21, 2013 at the Embassy Suites in Independence, Ohio.
More Information to come. Please contact Joann Mraz with any questions at JMraz@diabetes.org
Honoree has demonstrated a significant and ongoing ability to train and motivate individuals in Northeast Ohio to adopt a healthier lifestyle to improve self management and prevention of diabetes through:
- Leadership role on a committee, event or community activity
- Collaborative initiatives
- Patient empowerment
- Educating and training other health care professionals
Honoree has demonstrated a significant and ongoing commitment to supporting one or more activities in Northeast Ohio that:
- Improve outcomes for people with diabetes and pre-diabetes
- Advocate on behalf of those at risk and those with diabetes who have been denied their rights because of diabetes
- Increase access to qualify diabetes care
- Provide clinical diabetes care
- Uphold the American Diabetes Association’s standards of care for screening and treatment of diabetes and pre-diabetes
- Expand the field of diabetes research: research projects, funding and collaboration on research opportunities
Honoree has demonstrated a significant and ongoing commitment to those affected by diabetes in Northeast Ohio by one or more activities such as:
- Conducting and facilitating program events that provide education and raise awareness
- Communicating key prevention messages including targeted, culturally competent outreach to high risk populations
- Raising awareness related to all aspects, including physical and emotional, of diabetes
- Initiating activities that improve the quality of life for individuals living with diabetes
Honoree has demonstrated a significant and ongoing financial commitment for research and other mission-driven activities of the American Diabetes Association in Northeast Ohio.
Check out our parent mentor volunteer program full of parents just like you!
Become a Red Strider! Know someone with diabetes? Walk for them!
Every dollar you give can be doubled until May 15th to help Stop Diabetes!
Scroll through our calendar of EXPOs to find out when there will be one near you.
Ditch the chips! We've got recipes for eight healthy snacks you'll love to eat.
Learn what BIG discounts on auto insurance may await you.
Get motivated with our newly revised “I Hate to Exercise” book
Subscribe to our blog! It’s the best way to see what we’re up to at the Association.
If you have diabetes, join us for the ride!
Order your Diabetes Forecast® today! 25 Tips to healthy living. Click here to start.
Check out our site full of vegetarian meal planning ideas!
Find your local office to get involved in your community.
A new tool to increase the convenience of portion management
Get recipes, tips and more! Join the conversation!
Learn more about Dribble to Stop Diabetes