School Walk for Diabetes
2013 North Texas Sponsorship Opportunities
The American Diabetes Association’s School Walk for Diabetes (SWFD) is an educational school-based fundraising event that provides information about diabetes and skills for managing a healthy lifestyle to children, parents, teachers and administrators. Through our partnership with the school districts, we present the Coordinated School Health Approach which teaches preventative measures for type 2 diabetes, focusing on the relationship of obesity to diabetes. We also work with school nurses and other school employees to ensure that children with type 1 diabetes are Safe at School. Your support of SWFD is directly benefiting the community in which you conduct business.
Contact: Sandy Peters
Phone: 972-392-1181 ext. 6030
2013 Sponsorship Levels and Benefits
T-Shirt Sponsor: $10,000
- Logo/company recognition on all local newsletters
- Logo and company Web link on local SWFD Web page
- In-Service Trainings/Symposium (speaker opportunity)
- (Exclusive) Company Logo on 2000 t-shirts distributed to North Texas School Walk for Diabetes participants
Coordinated School Health In-Service Training/Symposium Sponsor: $5,000
- Signage at all in-service training sessions/symposium (targeting over 1,200 school nurses, 4,000 school campuses state mandated coordinated school health programs)
- Sponsor meal at event
- Logo on all locally printed/email marketing material distributed to educators
- Opportunity to provide product or promotional materials to students – distributed through the educators of each school
- Opportunity to have company representative at all in-service training sessions presented by the Association
School Walker Sponsor: $1000
- Recognition in one SWFD newsletter
- Logo on webpage for event
- Sponsor a child with diabetes to receive recognition at the child's school and receive gifts from SWFD program
Check out our parent mentor volunteer program full of parents just like you!
Become a Red Strider! Know someone with diabetes? Walk for them!
Every dollar you give can be doubled until May 15th to help Stop Diabetes!
Scroll through our calendar of EXPOs to find out when there will be one near you.
Ditch the chips! We've got recipes for eight healthy snacks you'll love to eat.
Learn what BIG discounts on auto insurance may await you.
Get motivated with our newly revised “I Hate to Exercise” book
Subscribe to our blog! It’s the best way to see what we’re up to at the Association.
If you have diabetes, join us for the ride!
Order your Diabetes Forecast® today! 25 Tips to healthy living. Click here to start.
Check out our site full of vegetarian meal planning ideas!
Find your local office to get involved in your community.
A new tool to increase the convenience of portion management
Get recipes, tips and more! Join the conversation!
Learn more about Dribble to Stop Diabetes