School Walk for Diabetes
2013 North Texas Sponsorship Opportunities
The American Diabetes Association’s School Walk for Diabetes (SWFD) is an educational school-based fundraising event that provides information about diabetes and skills for managing a healthy lifestyle to children, parents, teachers and administrators. Through our partnership with the school districts, we present the Coordinated School Health Approach which teaches preventative measures for type 2 diabetes, focusing on the relationship of obesity to diabetes. We also work with school nurses and other school employees to ensure that children with type 1 diabetes are Safe at School. Your support of SWFD is directly benefiting the community in which you conduct business.
Contact: Sandy Peters
Phone: 972-392-1181 ext. 6030
2013 Sponsorship Levels and Benefits
T-Shirt Sponsor: $10,000
- Logo/company recognition on all local newsletters
- Logo and company Web link on local SWFD Web page
- In-Service Trainings/Symposium (speaker opportunity)
- (Exclusive) Company Logo on 2000 t-shirts distributed to North Texas School Walk for Diabetes participants
Coordinated School Health In-Service Training/Symposium Sponsor: $5,000
- Signage at all in-service training sessions/symposium (targeting over 1,200 school nurses, 4,000 school campuses state mandated coordinated school health programs)
- Sponsor meal at event
- Logo on all locally printed/email marketing material distributed to educators
- Opportunity to provide product or promotional materials to students – distributed through the educators of each school
- Opportunity to have company representative at all in-service training sessions presented by the Association
School Walker Sponsor: $1000
- Recognition in one SWFD newsletter
- Logo on webpage for event
- Sponsor a child with diabetes to receive recognition at the child's school and receive gifts from SWFD program
Check out our FREE program for tips on living with type 2.
Help us raise $1 million for diabetes research and other essential programs.
New tools for meal preparation made easy!
Bee Well for Life gives fitness tips and helps Stop Diabetes!
Great recipes tap the salad bar, deli, and freezer case to get food on the table.
Learn to make delicious vegetarian dishes with this easy-to-follow cookbook.
Celebrate the holidays with Diabetes Forecast! Best deal–order today!
Food is an important part of the African American culture. See our recipes.
Stay on track with our holiday meal planning tips. Recipes everyone will enjoy!
Was your child recently diagnosed with type 1 diabetes? Order this free kit.
This personal tracking program is key to diabetes management.
Watch our Stop Diabetes PSA and share with your friends and family.
Recipes for Healthy Living, a holiday survival guide & more!
Get helpful tips for stress-free traveling with diabetes.
Check out our parent mentor volunteer program full of parents just like you!