Team Red: Train for Change
Get Inspired … Get Active … Stop Diabetes
Join Team Red: Train for Change
What is the Team Red: Train for Change Program?
The American Diabetes Association is here to team up with you to turn your diagnosis into empowerment. Our new Team Red: Train for Change program is dedicated to helping people with diabetes get active, take control, and meet others with diabetes. Team Red: Train for Change is an exercise program focused on improving your current physical activity level, whether you're looking to start an exercise program or you're an exercise enthusiast looking to take your fitness to the next level.
What are the benefits of this program?
- Improve diabetes management through regular exercise
- Meet one-on-one with our personal trainer to establish physical activity level, personal goals, and any restrictions
- Motivation through group training sessions (walking, jogging/running or cycling)
- Get inspired by meeting others with diabetes
- Achieve goals
How does this program work?
- Register for the program. It's Free!
- Identify an event of your choice, Step Out: Walk to Stop Diabetes or Tour de Cure, to train for
- Meet with personal a trainer for a free session
- Receive training schedule
- Attend weekly group training sessions
- Recieve nutritional advice from an expert, specifically related to your diet and diabetes
To register or to receive more information:
Please contact Gabby Klipp at (720) 855-1102, ext. 7031 or GKlipp@diabetes.org.
Check out our parent mentor volunteer program full of parents just like you!
Become a Red Strider! Know someone with diabetes? Walk for them!
Every dollar you give can be doubled until May 15th to help Stop Diabetes!
Scroll through our calendar of EXPOs to find out when there will be one near you.
Ditch the chips! We've got recipes for eight healthy snacks you'll love to eat.
Learn what BIG discounts on auto insurance may await you.
Get motivated with our newly revised “I Hate to Exercise” book
Subscribe to our blog! It’s the best way to see what we’re up to at the Association.
If you have diabetes, join us for the ride!
Order your Diabetes Forecast® today! 25 Tips to healthy living. Click here to start.
Check out our site full of vegetarian meal planning ideas!
Find your local office to get involved in your community.
A new tool to increase the convenience of portion management
Get recipes, tips and more! Join the conversation!
Learn more about Dribble to Stop Diabetes