Houston Research Grant Application
Local Voluntary Peer Review Information
The American Diabetes Association, Houston Chapter has created an experienced Research Advisory Committee and a group of local voluntary Ad Hoc Reviewers.
Vision: We would like to increase the funding success of research proposals submitted to the ADA by providing investigators the option for a group of experienced diabetes investigator to pre-review and provide critique and feedback prior to the submission to the ADA.
Charge: On a voluntary basis, review ADA research proposals for investigators who desire such review and feedback prior to the submission of their proposals.
- Investigators planning to submit proposals to the ADA for funding can on a voluntary basis (i.e. there is no requirement by the Houston or National ADA) request a review from the Research Proposal Advisory Committee.
- All proposals for review must be submitted to the Steering Committee four (4) weeks prior to the deadline.
- Materials submitted as a single PDF
- The materials to be submitted would include:
- PIs Biosketch
- Hypotheses and Specific Aims page
- Complete proposal.
- The proposals will be assigned for review by the Steering Committee
- Reviewers will make a commitment at the time of request of turning the review around in 7 working days. Reviewers will remain anonymous unless they chose to identify themselves.
- The Reviews will be in keeping with the format of the ADA and will be distributed back to the investigator by the Houston ADA by 14 days from initial submission.
Outcomes: In exchange for the review, the PIs are requested to inform the Steering committee if the proposal is actually submitted to the ADA. The Steering Committee can obtain from the ADA the names of the funded investigators. In this way we hopefully can determine whether this pre-review is of benefit to the investigator and whether it increases the percentage of grants funded in our area.
|October 10, 2012||Grant Information Meeting conducted|
|December 1, 2012||Applications received, grants reviewed|
|December 14, 2012||Reviewed feedback submitted to applicants for grant editing|
Check out our parent mentor volunteer program full of parents just like you!
Become a Red Strider! Know someone with diabetes? Walk for them!
Every dollar you give can be doubled until May 15th to help Stop Diabetes!
Scroll through our calendar of EXPOs to find out when there will be one near you.
Ditch the chips! We've got recipes for eight healthy snacks you'll love to eat.
Learn what BIG discounts on auto insurance may await you.
Get motivated with our newly revised “I Hate to Exercise” book
Subscribe to our blog! It’s the best way to see what we’re up to at the Association.
If you have diabetes, join us for the ride!
Order your Diabetes Forecast® today! 25 Tips to healthy living. Click here to start.
Check out our site full of vegetarian meal planning ideas!
Find your local office to get involved in your community.
A new tool to increase the convenience of portion management
Get recipes, tips and more! Join the conversation!
Learn more about Dribble to Stop Diabetes