Young Professional Leadership Council
Do you want to make a difference in your community?
Are you a young professional under the age of 40?
Do you want to learn a new set of skills and share your talents?
Do you want to meet new people and share meaningful experiences?
Are you committed to support the mission of the American Diabetes Association: to prevent and cure diabetes and improve the lives of all people affected by diabetes?
If this sounds like you, we can't wait for you to join the Wisconsin Young Professional Leadership Council!
What is the YPLC?
The American Diabetes Association's Young Professional Leadership Council (YPLC) is an essential part of the movement to bring the mission of the Association to life with one vision as a guiding force—to work towards a life free of diabetes and all its burdens. The American Diabetes Association - Wisconsin is launching this new program with emerging and proven leaders under 40 years old from all sectors of the business community. YPLC is a group of young professionals dedicated to make a difference in our community through philanthropy and volunteerism. As a face of the American Diabetes Association, young professionals offer their multi-faceted skill sets, life experiences, diverse perspectives and the passion to make a difference for the nearly 30 million American children and adults with diabetes.
YPLC is dedicated to strengthening their community through philanthropy and volunteerism:
- Support the American Diabetes Association and its strategic partnerships, events, fundraisers, advocacy, and community engagements, by integrating the Association's mission into every activity.
- Grow awareness for the mission. Educate your peers and the community at-large about the impact of diabetes and build awareness of the value of the volunteerism and fundraising.
- Fundraise and provide fundraising support.
- Open new doors in the community to gain funding or in-kind support for Association local efforts.
- Connect with corporate and civic leaders creating a deeper connection within your community and with the Association's partners.
- Provide professional volunteer support. Support the Association with special projects in the local market including advocacy, program execution/participation, event support and community engagement.
- Grow a local network of volunteers. Represent professional, geographic and ethnic diversity and all those impacted by diabetes in the community. YPLC builds awareness among the young and civic-minded.
Benefits of YPLC
- Impact. Collaborate on events and projects that will shape the YPLC program and bring the mission of the American Diabetes Association to life with one vision as a guiding force—to work towards a life free of diabetes and all its burdens.
- Professional Development. YPLC provides professional, educational, and social opportunities so young professionals can develop real-world leadership and fundraising skills through mentorship programs and events.
- Network. Join a network of emerging young entrepreneurial and innovative young professionals and build life-long relationships.
- Access. YPLC bridges generations of leaders engaging young professionals and executives in their communities. YPLC members have exclusive access to the Association's distinguished leaders.