What is Team Red?
Team Red is a program within the American Diabetes Association designed to bring Red Striders (Step Out: Walk to Stop Diabetes participants living with diabetes), Red Riders (Tour de Cure participants living with diabetes), their loved ones and those who are affected by diabetes together to collaborate, network and further enhance our efforts to Stop Diabetes®.
It is our hope that members of Team Red will:
- SHARE: tell their story and raise awareness about what diabetes is, how they have been affected and what they've done to make a life change in the face of diabetes
- LEARN: network with others dealing with diabetes and learn new ways to manage diabetes and the risks of complications
- ACT: advocate for education, awareness and societal change in this fight against diabetes
- GIVE: participate as a fundraiser for Step Out to Stop Diabetes, Tour de Cure and/or create community partnerships to expand the Association's reach into populations that are directly affected by diabetes
As a Member of Team Red, What Do I Get?
Members of Team Red will receive special invitations throughout the year to help engage our families and friends dealing with diabetes with each other and our community partnerships.
- VIP treatment at Association events
- Breaking news
- Networking events
- Exclusive Team Red opportunities
- exclusive partner promotions
- Research updates
- Access to a network of other members of Team Red for advice, mentorship, friendship and someone who understands your struggles with diabetes
- Opportunity to be paired with a Team Red mentor
How Do I Become a Member of Team Red?
Contact us today to join or for more information!