We Need You!
We need volunteers to make a lasting impact with the Association in our community. We have various areas where you can make a impact on your community. Some of these opportunities include:
Day of Event Volunteer Opportunities
- Tour de Cure® Bicycle Ride (Suffolk, VA)
- Memorial Golf Tournament (Virginia Beach, VA)
- Step Out: Walk to Stop Diabetes® (Virginia Beach, VA and Smithfield, VA)
- Victory Over Diabetes (Suffolk, VA)
- Health Fairs and Speaker Opportunities
- Third-Party Fundraising Event*
*You coordinate event and all proceeds go directly to American Diabetes Association. Contact Hee Jea Yang at email@example.com or 757-424-6662 ext. 3283 for more information.
- Administrative Assistance (at Association office in Chesapeake, VA) M-F, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Committees for Association events above as well as for our African-American community initiatives, including Live Empowered.
By becoming a volunteer, you will be joining a movement to Stop Diabetes! You are helping us confront it. Fight it. And stop it. Whatever it takes.
To become a Volunteer for the American Diabetes Association and help Stop Diabetes, visit www.diabetes.org/volunteer.
Check out our FREE program for tips on living with type 2.
Help us raise $1 million for diabetes research and other essential programs.
New tools for meal preparation made easy!
Bee Well for Life gives fitness tips and helps Stop Diabetes!
Great recipes tap the salad bar, deli, and freezer case to get food on the table.
Learn to make delicious vegetarian dishes with this easy-to-follow cookbook.
Celebrate the holidays with Diabetes Forecast! Best deal–order today!
Food is an important part of the African American culture. See our recipes.
Stay on track with our holiday meal planning tips. Recipes everyone will enjoy!
Was your child recently diagnosed with type 1 diabetes? Order this free kit.
This personal tracking program is key to diabetes management.
Watch our Stop Diabetes PSA and share with your friends and family.
Recipes for Healthy Living, a holiday survival guide & more!
Get helpful tips for stress-free traveling with diabetes.
Check out our parent mentor volunteer program full of parents just like you!