2290 Lucien Way
Maitland, FL 32751
View Larger Map
fax: (407) 660-1080
Find a Recognized Education Program Near You.
Floridians are increasingly feeling the effects of diabetes as thousands of people suffer from the disease, and many others may have diabetes and not know it! It is estimated that one out of every three children born after 2000 in the United States will be directly affected by diabetes.
The American Diabetes Association's Orlando-Maitland office is committed to educating the public about how to stop diabetes and support those living with diabetes.
We are here to help!
28th Annual Clinical Conference
May 23 to 26, 2013
Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
The 28th Annual Clinical Conference is the source for leading-edge treatment updates and the latest information in diabetes management.
With its multidisciplinary focus, the education offered at the American Diabetes Association's Clinical Conference draws attendees from across the health care spectrum, from across the nation and around the world. As the nation's premier clinical diabetes meeting, attendees come to hear cutting-edge research translated into clinical practice. The Association is well-known for presenting the latest...in clinical trials and research.
The 28th Annual Clinical Conference is designed specifically for primary care and diabetes specialty physicians, doctor of osteopathy, podiatrists, pharmacists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, psychologists and dietitians, certified diabetes educators and other health care professionals who care for patients with diabetes, at risk for diabetes and who manage diabetes related complications.
Click here to register and for more information!
2013 Father of the Year Event
June 13, 2013
Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
Join us as we recognize a few of Orlando's most successful businessmen for being great fathers that successfully balance their work and family lives and serve as good role models for their children and community.
- Gregg Hill - Owner, Hill Gray Seven, LLC
- Suresh Gupta - CEO, Park Square Homes
- Thomas K. Sittema - CEO, CNL Financial Group
For more information or to buy tickets, visit www.diabetes.org/orlandofoty.
Step Out: Walk to Stop Diabetes®
November 2, 2013
Harbor Park, Lake Baldwin, Florida
Registration is Now Open at www.diabetes.org/stepoutorlando!
2012 Accomplishments in Tampa and Orlando
- Close to 3500 Participants registered to walk at Step Out: Walk to Stop Diabetes
- Over $610,000 Dollars raised in Step Out to support the Association's Mission
- 59 Champions (walkers who raised $1,000+) raised $105,000 total
- 344 Red Striders (people with diabetes) walked proudly!
Tour de Cure
- 1,800 Cyclists rode in Tour de Cure
- $500,000 Dollars raised in Tour de Cure to support the Association's Mission
- 57 Champions (riders who raised $1,000+) raised $113,000 total
- 136 Red Riders (people with diabetes) rode proudly!
Father of the Year
- Four dads honored at Father of the Year event
- $106,000 raised through Father of the Year to support the Association's Mission
- 30+ Churches delivered diabetes messaging through Live Empowered activities in the faith based community reaching 14,000 people
- 619 New Advocates recruited
- 29 Families living with diabetes reached through Safe at School Workshops to help protect their children from discrimination at school
- 1,148 Healthcare professionals reached and educated
- 25,468,200 Media impressions
- $339,250 American Diabetes Association dollars funding research in Sanford Burnham Institute, Orlando, FL
Other Ways to Connect with Us
See a list of events this month and for upcoming months.
Click on small arrows next to the month’s name to advance list to next month.
Some months may not have any events.
Check out our parent mentor volunteer program full of parents just like you!
Become a Red Strider! Know someone with diabetes? Walk for them!
Every dollar you give can be doubled until May 15th to help Stop Diabetes!
Scroll through our calendar of EXPOs to find out when there will be one near you.
Ditch the chips! We've got recipes for eight healthy snacks you'll love to eat.
Learn what BIG discounts on auto insurance may await you.
Get motivated with our newly revised “I Hate to Exercise” book
Subscribe to our blog! It’s the best way to see what we’re up to at the Association.
If you have diabetes, join us for the ride!
Order your Diabetes Forecast® today! 25 Tips to healthy living. Click here to start.
Check out our site full of vegetarian meal planning ideas!
Find your local office to get involved in your community.
A new tool to increase the convenience of portion management
Get recipes, tips and more! Join the conversation!
Learn more about Dribble to Stop Diabetes