2290 Lucien Way
Maitland, FL 32751
View Larger Map
Find a Recognized Education Program Near You.
Floridians are increasingly feeling the effects of diabetes as thousands of people suffer from the disease, and many others may have diabetes and not know it! It is estimated that one out of every three children born after 2000 in the United States will be directly affected by diabetes.
The American Diabetes Association's Orlando-Maitland office is committed to educating the public about how to stop diabetes and support those living with diabetes.
We are here to help!
Tour de Cure® at Lake Nona
Sunday, March 16, 2014
6850 Lake Nona Blvd, Orlando (Outside the UCF College of Medicine)
Tour de Cure is more than just a cycling event. It's a life-changing event. A day full of fun and excitement where riders of all levels join forces in the fight to Stop Diabetes® and raise critical funds for diabetes research, education and advocacy in support of the American Diabetes Association.
The Tour is a ride, not a race. Whether you are an occasional rider or an experienced cyclist, there is a route just for you.
Register Today to Take the Ride of Your Life!
2012 Accomplishments in Tampa and Orlando
- Close to 3500 Participants registered to walk at Step Out: Walk to Stop Diabetes
- Over $610,000 Dollars raised in Step Out to support the Association's Mission
- 59 Champions (walkers who raised $1,000+) raised $105,000 total
- 344 Red Striders (people with diabetes) walked proudly!
Tour de Cure
- 1,800 Cyclists rode in Tour de Cure
- $500,000 Dollars raised in Tour de Cure to support the Association's Mission
- 57 Champions (riders who raised $1,000+) raised $113,000 total
- 136 Red Riders (people with diabetes) rode proudly!
Father of the Year
- Four dads honored at Father of the Year event
- $106,000 raised through Father of the Year to support the Association's Mission
- 30+ Churches delivered diabetes messaging through Live Empowered activities in the faith based community reaching 14,000 people
- 619 New Advocates recruited
- 29 Families living with diabetes reached through Safe at School Workshops to help protect their children from discrimination at school
- 1,148 Healthcare professionals reached and educated
- 25,468,200 Media impressions
- $339,250 American Diabetes Association dollars funding research in Sanford Burnham Institute, Orlando, FL
- $7,000 in camp scholarship for children with diabetes
Other Ways to Connect with Us
See a list of events this month and for upcoming months.
Click on small arrows next to the month’s name to advance list to next month.
Some months may not have any events.
Check out our FREE program for tips on living with type 2.
Help us raise $1 million for diabetes research and other essential programs.
New tools for meal preparation made easy!
Bee Well for Life gives fitness tips and helps Stop Diabetes!
Great recipes tap the salad bar, deli, and freezer case to get food on the table.
Learn to make delicious vegetarian dishes with this easy-to-follow cookbook.
Celebrate the holidays with Diabetes Forecast! Best deal–order today!
Food is an important part of the African American culture. See our recipes.
Stay on track with our holiday meal planning tips. Recipes everyone will enjoy!
Was your child recently diagnosed with type 1 diabetes? Order this free kit.
This personal tracking program is key to diabetes management.
Watch our Stop Diabetes PSA and share with your friends and family.
Recipes for Healthy Living, a holiday survival guide & more!
Get helpful tips for stress-free traveling with diabetes.
Check out our parent mentor volunteer program full of parents just like you!