Research in Arizona
An integral part of the mission of the American Diabetes Association is funding critical research for all types of diabetes. In fact, of the $34.6 million spent on research nationwide in 2011 by the Association, $1.8 million funded research in the state of Arizona alone.
There is no cure for diabetes – yet. The American Diabetes Association's commitment to ongoing diabetes research promotes:
- Support of the highest-quality science across the spectrum of diabetes research (including type 1, type 2, gestational, complications)
- Development of a pipeline of new diabetes investigators
- Novel, innovative approaches to advance knowledge
- Translation of research discoveries into new ways to improve the lives of people with diabetes, through enhanced treatments and self-management strategies.
- Increased understanding of diabetes and its relationship to other diseases
- A course toward an eventual cure
Association-funded Arizona-based Research
Christos Katsanos, PhD
Arizona State University
Regulation of the plasma triglyceride extraction in muscle in insulin resistance
Jun Liu, PhD
Mayo Clinic Arizona
Regulation of adipose lipolysis by a novel inhibitor
Ronald M. Lynch, PhD
University of Arizona
Multivalent GLP-1 Analogs for Beta-Cell Targeting and Therapy
Check out our FREE program for tips on living with type 2.
Help us raise $1 million for diabetes research and other essential programs.
New tools for meal preparation made easy!
Bee Well for Life gives fitness tips and helps Stop Diabetes!
Great recipes tap the salad bar, deli, and freezer case to get food on the table.
Learn to make delicious vegetarian dishes with this easy-to-follow cookbook.
Celebrate the holidays with Diabetes Forecast! Best deal–order today!
Food is an important part of the African American culture. See our recipes.
Stay on track with our holiday meal planning tips. Recipes everyone will enjoy!
Was your child recently diagnosed with type 1 diabetes? Order this free kit.
This personal tracking program is key to diabetes management.
Watch our Stop Diabetes PSA and share with your friends and family.
Recipes for Healthy Living, a holiday survival guide & more!
Get helpful tips for stress-free traveling with diabetes.
Check out our parent mentor volunteer program full of parents just like you!