Research in Arizona
An integral part of the mission of the American Diabetes Association is funding critical research for all types of diabetes. In fact, of the $34.6 million spent on research nationwide in 2011 by the Association, $1.8 million funded research in the state of Arizona alone.
There is no cure for diabetes – yet. The American Diabetes Association's commitment to ongoing diabetes research promotes:
- Support of the highest-quality science across the spectrum of diabetes research (including type 1, type 2, gestational, complications)
- Development of a pipeline of new diabetes investigators
- Novel, innovative approaches to advance knowledge
- Translation of research discoveries into new ways to improve the lives of people with diabetes, through enhanced treatments and self-management strategies.
- Increased understanding of diabetes and its relationship to other diseases
- A course toward an eventual cure
Association-funded Arizona-based Research
Christos Katsanos, PhD
Arizona State University
Regulation of the plasma triglyceride extraction in muscle in insulin resistance
Jun Liu, PhD
Mayo Clinic Arizona
Regulation of adipose lipolysis by a novel inhibitor
Ronald M. Lynch, PhD
University of Arizona
Multivalent GLP-1 Analogs for Beta-Cell Targeting and Therapy
Check out our parent mentor volunteer program full of parents just like you!
Become a Red Strider! Know someone with diabetes? Walk for them!
Every dollar you give can be doubled until May 15th to help Stop Diabetes!
Scroll through our calendar of EXPOs to find out when there will be one near you.
Ditch the chips! We've got recipes for eight healthy snacks you'll love to eat.
Learn what BIG discounts on auto insurance may await you.
Get motivated with our newly revised “I Hate to Exercise” book
Subscribe to our blog! It’s the best way to see what we’re up to at the Association.
If you have diabetes, join us for the ride!
Order your Diabetes Forecast® today! 25 Tips to healthy living. Click here to start.
Check out our site full of vegetarian meal planning ideas!
Find your local office to get involved in your community.
A new tool to increase the convenience of portion management
Get recipes, tips and more! Join the conversation!
Learn more about Dribble to Stop Diabetes