Get Involved with Puget Sound ADA
Stop Diabetes® is the American Diabetes Association’s movement to end the devastating toll that diabetes takes on the lives of millions of individuals across our nation. Its goal is to inspire and mobilize the general public, volunteers, donors, corporations and the scientific and medical communities to rally around our cause and our call to "share, act, learn and give."
Through these actions, millions will have the chance to get involved and help raise awareness, promote healthy living and raise money to fund educational outreach, advocacy efforts and critical research that will ultimately stop diabetes once and for all.
Locally, you can get involved in this movement to stop diabetes as well. Here are some ways that you can join the millions and create change in your own community:
- Share your story. Are you affected by diabetes in some way? Share your story with us to help inspire others to make a change.
- Learn about your risk for diabetes. Take the risk test.
- Learn about managing diabetes, eating healthier, exercising right and finding the right treatment to keep you healthy. Register for our Diabetes Expo - it's FREE.
- Act and Advocate for diabetes research and education. Sign up as an advocate today.
- Give by Walking in Step Out to Stop Diabetes or by Cycling in the Tour de Cure. Form a team or participate as an individual. The dollars raised through these events help to fund youth programs, education and awareness in Washington state and vital diabetes research happening locally.
- Volunteer Locally!
- Join a committee to help plan one of our events, secure corporate funding, provide media assistance and more.
- Volunteer on the day of the Walk in Seattle or Tacoma or at the Tour de Cure or Diabetes Expo.
- Volunteer at one of our youth camps or family retreat.
- Have questions or additional ways that you would like to get involved? Contact us today! 206.282.4616
Check out our FREE program for tips on living with type 2.
Help us raise $1 million for diabetes research and other essential programs.
New tools for meal preparation made easy!
Bee Well for Life gives fitness tips and helps Stop Diabetes!
Great recipes tap the salad bar, deli, and freezer case to get food on the table.
Learn to make delicious vegetarian dishes with this easy-to-follow cookbook.
Celebrate the holidays with Diabetes Forecast! Best deal–order today!
Food is an important part of the African American culture. See our recipes.
Stay on track with our holiday meal planning tips. Recipes everyone will enjoy!
Was your child recently diagnosed with type 1 diabetes? Order this free kit.
This personal tracking program is key to diabetes management.
Watch our Stop Diabetes PSA and share with your friends and family.
Recipes for Healthy Living, a holiday survival guide & more!
Get helpful tips for stress-free traveling with diabetes.
Check out our parent mentor volunteer program full of parents just like you!