Get Involved with Puget Sound ADA
Stop Diabetes® is the American Diabetes Association’s movement to end the devastating toll that diabetes takes on the lives of millions of individuals across our nation. Its goal is to inspire and mobilize the general public, volunteers, donors, corporations and the scientific and medical communities to rally around our cause and our call to "share, act, learn and give."
Through these actions, millions will have the chance to get involved and help raise awareness, promote healthy living and raise money to fund educational outreach, advocacy efforts and critical research that will ultimately stop diabetes once and for all.
Locally, you can get involved in this movement to stop diabetes as well. Here are some ways that you can join the millions and create change in your own community:
- Share your story. Are you affected by diabetes in some way? Share your story with us to help inspire others to make a change.
- Learn about your risk for diabetes. Take the risk test.
- Learn about managing diabetes, eating healthier, exercising right and finding the right treatment to keep you healthy. Register for our Diabetes Expo - it's FREE.
- Act and Advocate for diabetes research and education. Sign up as an advocate today.
- Give by Walking in Step Out to Stop Diabetes or by Cycling in the Tour de Cure. Form a team or participate as an individual. The dollars raised through these events help to fund youth programs, education and awareness in Washington state and vital diabetes research happening locally.
- Volunteer Locally!
- Join a committee to help plan one of our events, secure corporate funding, provide media assistance and more.
- Volunteer on the day of the Walk in Seattle or Tacoma or at the Tour de Cure or Diabetes Expo.
- Volunteer at one of our youth camps or family retreat.
- Have questions or additional ways that you would like to get involved? Contact us today! 206.282.4616
Check out our parent mentor volunteer program full of parents just like you!
Become a Red Strider! Know someone with diabetes? Walk for them!
Every dollar you give can be doubled until May 15th to help Stop Diabetes!
Scroll through our calendar of EXPOs to find out when there will be one near you.
Ditch the chips! We've got recipes for eight healthy snacks you'll love to eat.
Learn what BIG discounts on auto insurance may await you.
Get motivated with our newly revised “I Hate to Exercise” book
Subscribe to our blog! It’s the best way to see what we’re up to at the Association.
If you have diabetes, join us for the ride!
Order your Diabetes Forecast® today! 25 Tips to healthy living. Click here to start.
Check out our site full of vegetarian meal planning ideas!
Find your local office to get involved in your community.
A new tool to increase the convenience of portion management
Get recipes, tips and more! Join the conversation!
Learn more about Dribble to Stop Diabetes