Every year, the American Diabetes Association's Camp Sealth hosts approximately 60 children with type 1 diabetes for a 6 day, 5 night camp on Vashon Island. Camp gives children with diabetes the unique opportunity to better manage their disease and build friendships with other children with diabetes, while enjoying a variety of recreational activities in a safe, supportive environment. What sets Camp Sealth apart, though, is that we use an integrated model, meaning campers with diabetes attend camp with other children who do not have the disease. Our campers appreciate that they come to camp at the same time as their family and friends without diabetes, while still receiving full medical support. Our partners at Camp Fire Puget Sound manage all activities and facilities of Camp Sealth, and the Association provides a full team of medical staff to ensure the health and safety of our campers.
Type 2 and You
For residents of South Snohomish County - Type 2 and You aims to educate and empower families to take ownership of their health, increase their knowledge of healthy lifestyle choices and use available resources to prevent diabetes and the serious complications of diabetes.
For more information about Type 2 and You in South Snohomish and South King Counties, please visit our webpage.
Awareness, Education, Information and Support
- Center for Information and Community Support at 1-800-DIABETES (800-342-2383)
- Membership, general and professional (Diabetes Forecast Magazine, scientific and medical journals)
- Stop Diabetes®, our nationwide movement inviting people to join the fight against diabetes
- American Diabetes Association Alert Day® — taking place the fourth Tuesday in March
- American Diabetes Month® — November
- Living with Type 2 Diabetes Program
- Recipes for Healthy Living