What is Team Red?
Team Red is a program within the American Diabetes Association of Washington State designed to bring Red Striders (participants living with diabetes in the Step Out: Walk to Stop Diabetes), Red Riders (participants riding with diabetes in the Tour de Cure), their loved ones and those who are affected by diabetes together to collaborate, network and further enhance our efforts to Stop Diabetes.
It is our hope that members of Team Red will:
- SHARE: tell their story and raise awareness about what diabetes is, how they have been affected and what they’ve done to make a life change in the face of diabetes
- LEARN: network with others dealing with diabetes and learn new ways to manage diabetes and the risks of complications
- ACT: advocate for education, awareness and societal change in this fight against diabetes
- GIVE: participate as a fundraiser for Step Out to Stop Diabetes, Tour de Cure and/or create community partnerships to expand the Association’s reach into populations that are directly affected by diabetes
As a Member of Team Red what do I get?
Members of Team Red in Washington State will receive special invitations throughout the year to help engage our families and friends dealing with diabetes with each other and our community partnerships.
- VIP treatment at Associationa events
- Breaking news
- Networking events
- Exclusive Team Red opportunities
- Exclusive partner promotions
- Research updates
- Access to a network of other members of Team Red for advice, mentorship, friendship and someone who understands your struggles with diabetes
- Opportunity to be paired with a Team Red mentor
How Do I Become a Member of Team Red?
Check out our parent mentor volunteer program full of parents just like you!
Become a Red Strider! Know someone with diabetes? Walk for them!
Every dollar you give can be doubled until May 15th to help Stop Diabetes!
Scroll through our calendar of EXPOs to find out when there will be one near you.
Ditch the chips! We've got recipes for eight healthy snacks you'll love to eat.
Learn what BIG discounts on auto insurance may await you.
Get motivated with our newly revised “I Hate to Exercise” book
Subscribe to our blog! It’s the best way to see what we’re up to at the Association.
If you have diabetes, join us for the ride!
Order your Diabetes Forecast® today! 25 Tips to healthy living. Click here to start.
Check out our site full of vegetarian meal planning ideas!
Find your local office to get involved in your community.
A new tool to increase the convenience of portion management
Get recipes, tips and more! Join the conversation!
Learn more about Dribble to Stop Diabetes