What is Team Red?
Team Red is a program within the American Diabetes Association of Washington State designed to bring Red Striders (participants living with diabetes in the Step Out: Walk to Stop Diabetes), Red Riders (participants riding with diabetes in the Tour de Cure), their loved ones and those who are affected by diabetes together to collaborate, network and further enhance our efforts to Stop Diabetes.
It is our hope that members of Team Red will:
- SHARE: tell their story and raise awareness about what diabetes is, how they have been affected and what they’ve done to make a life change in the face of diabetes
- LEARN: network with others dealing with diabetes and learn new ways to manage diabetes and the risks of complications
- ACT: advocate for education, awareness and societal change in this fight against diabetes
- GIVE: participate as a fundraiser for Step Out to Stop Diabetes, Tour de Cure and/or create community partnerships to expand the Association’s reach into populations that are directly affected by diabetes
As a Member of Team Red what do I get?
Members of Team Red in Washington State will receive special invitations throughout the year to help engage our families and friends dealing with diabetes with each other and our community partnerships.
- VIP treatment at Association events
- Breaking news
- Networking events
- Exclusive Team Red opportunities
- Exclusive partner promotions
- Research updates
- Access to a network of other members of Team Red for advice, mentorship, friendship and someone who understands your struggles with diabetes
- Opportunity to be paired with a Team Red mentor
How Do I Become a Member of Team Red?
Check out our FREE program for tips on living with type 2.
Help us raise $1 million for diabetes research and other essential programs.
New tools for meal preparation made easy!
Bee Well for Life gives fitness tips and helps Stop Diabetes!
Great recipes tap the salad bar, deli, and freezer case to get food on the table.
Learn to make delicious vegetarian dishes with this easy-to-follow cookbook.
Celebrate the holidays with Diabetes Forecast! Best deal–order today!
Food is an important part of the African American culture. See our recipes.
Stay on track with our holiday meal planning tips. Recipes everyone will enjoy!
Was your child recently diagnosed with type 1 diabetes? Order this free kit.
This personal tracking program is key to diabetes management.
Watch our Stop Diabetes PSA and share with your friends and family.
Recipes for Healthy Living, a holiday survival guide & more!
Get helpful tips for stress-free traveling with diabetes.
Check out our parent mentor volunteer program full of parents just like you!