Get Involved in the Greater Illinois Area
Stop Diabetes® is the American Diabetes Association’s movement to end the devastating toll that diabetes takes on the lives of millions of individuals across our nation. Its goal is to inspire and mobilize the general public, volunteers, donors, corporations and the scientific and medical communities to rally around our cause and our call to "share, act, learn and give." Through these actions, millions will have the chance to get involved and help raise awareness, promote healthy living and raise money to fund educational outreach, advocacy efforts and critical research that will ultimately stop diabetes once and for all.
Locally, you can get involved in this movement to stop diabetes as well. Here are some ways that you can join the millions and create change in your own community:
- Share your story. Are you affected by diabetes in some way? Share your story with us to help inspire others to make a change.
- Learn about your risk for diabetes. Take the risk test.
- Act and Advocate! Sign up as an advocate today.
- Give by participating in a Step Out: Walk to Stop Diabetes - form a team or participate as an individual. Or support a candidate in our Kiss-A-Pig Gala. Funds raised from these events help fund local programs, education, advocacy and awareness in Illinois, as well as critical diabetes research.
- Volunteer Locally!
- Join a committee to help plan one our events.
- Volunteer on the day of the Walk in Bloomington, Champaign or Springfield or at the Kiss-A-Pig Galas in Champaign, Decatur and Springfied.
Have questions or additional ways that you would like to get involved, contact us at ADAGreaterIL@diabetes.org or 217-875-9011.
We welcome your help.
Your involvement as an American Diabetes Association volunteer – whether on a local or national level – will help us expand our community outreach and impact, inspire healthy living, intensify our advocacy efforts, raise critical dollars to fund our mission, and uphold our reputation as the moving force and trusted leader in the diabetes community.
Find volunteer opportunities in our area through the Volunteer Center.
New "Do-It-Yourself Fundraising"
Volunteers want to create your own fundraiser and have the proceeds go to the Association. The Do-It-Yourself Fundraising page provides descriptions and links for Team Diabetes, Create a Local Fundraiser (personal fundraising), and Always and Forever Tributes. Learn more about Do-It-Yourself Fundraising.
Check out our FREE program for tips on living with type 2.
Help us raise $1 million for diabetes research and other essential programs.
New tools for meal preparation made easy!
Bee Well for Life gives fitness tips and helps Stop Diabetes!
Great recipes tap the salad bar, deli, and freezer case to get food on the table.
Learn to make delicious vegetarian dishes with this easy-to-follow cookbook.
Celebrate the holidays with Diabetes Forecast! Best deal–order today!
Food is an important part of the African American culture. See our recipes.
Stay on track with our holiday meal planning tips. Recipes everyone will enjoy!
Was your child recently diagnosed with type 1 diabetes? Order this free kit.
This personal tracking program is key to diabetes management.
Watch our Stop Diabetes PSA and share with your friends and family.
Recipes for Healthy Living, a holiday survival guide & more!
Get helpful tips for stress-free traveling with diabetes.
Check out our parent mentor volunteer program full of parents just like you!