Get Involved in the Greater Illinois Area
Stop Diabetes® is the American Diabetes Association’s movement to end the devastating toll that diabetes takes on the lives of millions of individuals across our nation. Its goal is to inspire and mobilize the general public, volunteers, donors, corporations and the scientific and medical communities to rally around our cause and our call to "share, act, learn and give." Through these actions, millions will have the chance to get involved and help raise awareness, promote healthy living and raise money to fund educational outreach, advocacy efforts and critical research that will ultimately stop diabetes once and for all.
Locally, you can get involved in this movement to stop diabetes as well. Here are some ways that you can join the millions and create change in your own community:
- Share your story. Are you affected by diabetes in some way? Share your story with us to help inspire others to make a change.
- Learn about your risk for diabetes. Take the risk test.
- Act and Advocate! Sign up as an advocate today.
- Give by participating in a Step Out: Walk to Stop Diabetes - form a team or participate as an individual. Or support a candidate in our Kiss-A-Pig Gala. Funds raised from these events help fund local programs, education, advocacy and awareness in Illinois, as well as critical diabetes research.
- Volunteer Locally!
- Join a committee to help plan one our events.
- Volunteer on the day of the Walk in Bloomington, Champaign, or Springfield or at the Kiss-A-Pig Galas in Champaign, Decatur and Springfied.
Have questions or additional ways that you would like to get involved? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 217-875-9011.
We welcome your help.
Your involvement as an American Diabetes Association volunteer – whether on a local or national level – will help us expand our community outreach and impact, inspire healthy living, intensify our advocacy efforts, raise critical dollars to fund our mission, and uphold our reputation as the moving force and trusted leader in the diabetes community.
Find volunteer opportunities in our area through the Volunteer Center.
New "Do-It-Yourself Fundraising"
Volunteers want to create your own fundraiser and have the proceeds go to the Association. The Do-It-Yourself Fundraising page provides descriptions and links for Team Diabetes, Create a Local Fundraiser (personal fundraising), and Always and Forever Tributes. Learn more about Do-It-Yourself Fundraising.
Check out our parent mentor volunteer program full of parents just like you!
Become a Red Strider! Know someone with diabetes? Walk for them!
Every dollar you give can be doubled until May 15th to help Stop Diabetes!
Scroll through our calendar of EXPOs to find out when there will be one near you.
Ditch the chips! We've got recipes for eight healthy snacks you'll love to eat.
Learn what BIG discounts on auto insurance may await you.
Get motivated with our newly revised “I Hate to Exercise” book
Subscribe to our blog! It’s the best way to see what we’re up to at the Association.
If you have diabetes, join us for the ride!
Order your Diabetes Forecast® today! 25 Tips to healthy living. Click here to start.
Check out our site full of vegetarian meal planning ideas!
Find your local office to get involved in your community.
A new tool to increase the convenience of portion management
Get recipes, tips and more! Join the conversation!
Learn more about Dribble to Stop Diabetes