AANHPI Video Campaign
Are you or someone you love living with diabetes? Share your story with us!
Submit a Video
Tell us in your own words why you manage diabetes and what you do to stay healthy.
If you don’t have diabetes but love someone who does, share how diabetes affects your life.
“I went years not managing my diabetes because I didn’t want to be a burden on my family. But as my sight got worse and I had a heart attack, I realized not managing diabetes was becoming a bigger burden on my family.”
Help End the Stigma
Across many cultures, there is a stigma surrounding diabetes. Asian Americans, Native Hawaiians and Pacific Islanders (AANHPIs) are no exception. In fact, many AANHPIs hide their diabetes from family and friends that can lead to devastating complications.
Help spread the message that diabetes is a manageable disease and nothing to be ashamed of. We will share your video with others so they can learn from your experiences.
Your diabetes story can help convince, inspire and empower other AANHPIs to start managing their diabetes.
How to Submit a Video
Is English not your primary language? Submit your video in the language you are most comfortable speaking.
- Review the Video Submission Guidelines. By submitting a video, you are accepting the terms set by the guidelines.
- Record your video sharing your diabetes story. The video cannot be longer than 3 minutes in length.
- Upload your video to yousendit.com. If you are not familiar with yousendit.com, instructions are provided.
- Send your video through yousendit.com to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not sure what to talk about? Here are some suggested topics to help you get started.
- How has diabetes affected your life?
- How has diabetes affected your family?
- What do you do to manage your diabetes and stay healthy?
- What advice do you have for someone who is recently diagnosed with diabetes?
- What is something positive diabetes has brought to your life?
Still have questions? Send us an email at email@example.com.
Check out our parent mentor volunteer program full of parents just like you!
Become a Red Strider! Know someone with diabetes? Walk for them!
Every dollar you give can be doubled until May 15th to help Stop Diabetes!
Scroll through our calendar of EXPOs to find out when there will be one near you.
Ditch the chips! We've got recipes for eight healthy snacks you'll love to eat.
Learn what BIG discounts on auto insurance may await you.
Get motivated with our newly revised “I Hate to Exercise” book
Subscribe to our blog! It’s the best way to see what we’re up to at the Association.
If you have diabetes, join us for the ride!
Order your Diabetes Forecast® today! 25 Tips to healthy living. Click here to start.
Check out our site full of vegetarian meal planning ideas!
Find your local office to get involved in your community.
A new tool to increase the convenience of portion management
Get recipes, tips and more! Join the conversation!
Learn more about Dribble to Stop Diabetes