Learning to live with diabetes doesn’t happen overnight – and you don’t have to do it alone.
The American Diabetes Association is here for your family when you need us most — every day.
Advocates for the rights of children and adults with diabetes.
- Your Link to Schools — Children spend most of their time at school. The Association provides parents with resources and training modules to help you work with your child's school to create a medically safe learning environment for your child. The Association can assist you when you need help working with your school.
Works with scientists and medical professionals to improve care for your child and search for a cure.
- Your Link to Experts — If you're looking for expert information, the American Diabetes Association has it. All the information you receive through the Association's Web site, books, Family Link E-newsletters and other educational tools come from the Association's world renowned diabetes experts. Learn about what's new in ADA-funded research
Offers Information and Resources to help your family learn to live well with diabetes.
- Everyday Wisdom Kit - This free kit offers information and tips for the whole family after a child is diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. Information targeting the child with diabetes, parents, teens and siblings offer families tips on how to prepare for everyday moments with type 1 diabetes. The kit also includes an interactive game, a diabetes dictionary, an emergency contact magnet and juggling balls.
Connects you with other families of kids with diabetes.
- Diabetes Camps — Kids with diabetes often feel like they're the only ones living with diabetes – but not at Diabetes Camp! At Diabetes Camps, kids have a great time making new friends and participating in fun outdoor activities like hiking, swimming and canoeing. Trained staff, who often have diabetes themselves, help campers manage blood glucose while helping them build confidence in managing their diabetes.
- Family Link Events — Attend a fun and social diabetes education event in your local community. In over 50 local communities, the American Diabetes Association offers families an opportunity to learn more about diabetes while meeting other families of children with diabetes.
- Family Link Parent Mentors — If your child was recently diagnosed with diabetes, it's often helpful to talk to others who've been there. Connect to a Parent Mentor who understands how you're feeling.
Family Link Parent Mentors is supported by an educational grant from
Lilly USA, LLC.
Check out our parent mentor volunteer program full of parents just like you!
Become a Red Strider! Know someone with diabetes? Walk for them!
Every dollar you give can be doubled until May 15th to help Stop Diabetes!
Scroll through our calendar of EXPOs to find out when there will be one near you.
Ditch the chips! We've got recipes for eight healthy snacks you'll love to eat.
Learn what BIG discounts on auto insurance may await you.
Get motivated with our newly revised “I Hate to Exercise” book
Subscribe to our blog! It’s the best way to see what we’re up to at the Association.
If you have diabetes, join us for the ride!
Order your Diabetes Forecast® today! 25 Tips to healthy living. Click here to start.
Check out our site full of vegetarian meal planning ideas!
Find your local office to get involved in your community.
A new tool to increase the convenience of portion management
Get recipes, tips and more! Join the conversation!
Learn more about Dribble to Stop Diabetes