John Pipe Awards Call for Nominations
SDPI Grantees Nominate Your Program
Nominations are now closed!
The Awakening the Spirit Team of the American Diabetes Association will begin to accept nominations for the sixth annual “John Pipe Voices for Change Awards” beginning in April 2014. These Awards recognize programs that have excelled in the following categories:
- Advocacy — excellence in activities that supported the renewal of the SDPI
- Outcomes — developing activities that have resulted in measurable outcomes
- Innovation — developing creative and innovative diabetes prevention and treatment activities
It is Up to You to Nominate Your Program!
We believe that your accomplishments in the prevention and treatment of diabetes in tribal communities deserve to be acknowledged and shared on a national level, so that other communities and programs can benefit from your successes. Programs chosen for this award receive:
- Commemorative plaque and an invitation to an Indian Health Conference to receive the award.
- Opportunity to attend the Association's Annual Disparities Partnership Forum (October 21-22, 2013 in Arlington, VA) to share their award winning program success.
- One awardee will be acknowledged in the December 2013 issue of Diabetes Forecast.
- All awardees will be acknowledged with Indian Country Today Media Network.
- Awards will be announced in an American Diabetes Association national press release.
All nominations and supporting materials must be submitted online by at a date to be determined.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact Kelly Concho-Hayes at firstname.lastname@example.org or Shondra McCage, Chair Awakening the Spirit Subcommittee at email@example.com.
Check out our FREE program for tips on living with type 2.
Help us raise $1 million for diabetes research and other essential programs.
New tools for meal preparation made easy!
Bee Well for Life gives fitness tips and helps Stop Diabetes!
Great recipes tap the salad bar, deli, and freezer case to get food on the table.
Learn to make delicious vegetarian dishes with this easy-to-follow cookbook.
Celebrate the holidays with Diabetes Forecast! Best deal–order today!
Food is an important part of the African American culture. See our recipes.
Stay on track with our holiday meal planning tips. Recipes everyone will enjoy!
Was your child recently diagnosed with type 1 diabetes? Order this free kit.
This personal tracking program is key to diabetes management.
Watch our Stop Diabetes PSA and share with your friends and family.
Recipes for Healthy Living, a holiday survival guide & more!
Get helpful tips for stress-free traveling with diabetes.
Check out our parent mentor volunteer program full of parents just like you!