Building Better Companies, Organizations and Communities
Engaging people in healthy living and encouraging healthful habits is no easy task, but the rewards are great—happy and healthy workforces, memberships and communities that are more productive and connected.
It's precisely why the American Diabetes Association launched Wellness Lives Here™, an initiative designed to inspire and fuel our nation's healthful habits at work and beyond. As part of that initiative, the Health Champion Designation recognizes companies, organizations and communities that make health and wellness a priority for their employees, members and community groups.
The following have met the designation's healthy living criteria in three different areas: Nutrition and Weight Management, Physical Activity, and Organizational Well-Being and are officially recognized as Health Champions by the American Diabetes Association. Designees that participate in Step Out: Walk to Stop Diabetes® and/or Tour de Cure® receive the Health Champion Elite Designation.
Congratulations, Health Champions!
*Denotes Elite Designation
- Baxter International, Inc.*
- Blue Shield of California
- Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Bon Secours Virginia Health System
- Canon Information Technology Services, Inc.*
- Cincom Systems, Inc.
- CLARK Material Handling Company*
- Conway Regional Health Organization
- Cook Children's Healthcare System
- Denver Health and Hospital Authority*
- Disability Determination Division
- Drake University
- Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond
- Grange Insurance
- Gray Construction*
- Groendyke Transport, Inc.
- Harkins Builders
- HealthSouth MtView Rehab Hospital
- Huntington Ingalls Industries
- Lennox International Inc.
- LG&E and KU Energy, LLC
- LifeStart Wellness Network
- Lincoln Industries
- Marsh & McLennan Agency – Atlanta
- Mary Kay, Inc.
- McLeod County, MN
- Metropolitan Airports Commission
- MidAmerica Rehabilitation Hospital*
- MINES and Associates
- National Information Solutions Cooperative
- Pacific Medical Centers
- Pennington Biomedical Research Center*
- Quest Diagnostics Health & Wellness*
- Safran Landing Systems Kentucky, LLC
- Select Health of SC
- Sentara Healthcare
- Sibley Heart Center Cardiology
- Solera Health*
- St. Elizabeth Healthcare
- Sun Life Financial*
- Sunflower Health Plan*
- The Starr Group
- The Valley Health System
- Thomas Jefferson University and Jefferson Health*
- Tocci Building Companies
- Town of Jones City (OK)
- Tufts Health Plan
- University of Iowa*
- Walsh Duffield Companies, Inc.
- WellCare Health Plans, Inc.*
Back to top
- American Diabetes Association*
- American Society of Anesthesiologists*
- Baptist Health Lexington*
- Buzz Oates*
- Christus Trinity Mother Frances Rehabilitation Hospital-an affiliate of HealthSouth*
- Coalition of 100 Black Women, Los Angeles Chapter
- Corpus Christi-Nueces County Public Health District*
- Des Moines University
- Dodge County Head Start
- El Rio Health Center, Inc.*
- Excelsior Springs School District
- Florida Department of Health in Seminole County*
- Florida Hospital*
- Grand Prairie Independent School District
- GTE Financial
- HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of York PA
- Kentucky Employees' Health Plan
- Lacks Enterprises, Inc.*
- North East Independent School District*
- Phila College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Saint Louis Art Museum
- St. Louis County*
- St. Petersburg College*
- Tuality Healthcare
- University of Nebraska Foundation
- Yale New Haven Health System
Back to top
- Academy School District 20
- Daughters Of Isis Of North & South America - Syrian Court #40
- North Central Health District
- University of Nebraska-Omaha
Back to top
Do You Have What It Takes?
Learn more about getting recognized as a Health Champion.