Start a Walking Club
Walking has a number of benefits for your employees and your company. Here's everything you need to create a Walking Club at your company.
- Walking Guide — Build a Walking Club in five easy steps.
- Training Plan — Get started with this couch-to-5K training plan.
- Invitations — Send employees email invitations (Outlook file or Word document).
- Appointments — Place the Walking Club meeting times on employee calendars (Outlook file or Word document).
- Posters — Customize these posters with the date and time of your Walking Club and hang them throughout the office.
- Newsletter Article — Keep the momentum going by including a reminder in your internal newsletter.
- Track Progress — Distribute this Food and Activity Tracker to help employees measure progress.
Attend a Signature Event
Reinforce Stop Diabetes @ Work's physical activity messages by forming an employee team for one of our signature fundraising events. Participating in one of these events can serve as a catalyst for implementing a regular exercise routine:
- Step Out: Walk to Stop Diabetes The Association's signature fundraising walk has raised more than $175 million to stop diabetes. A couch-to-5K training plan, posters and other tools can motivate employees to become more active.
- Community Walk to Stop Diabetes If your company is located more than 50 miles away from a Step Out event, you can host a Community Walk to Stop Diabetes at your place of work. Receive online tools, staff support and a step-by-step kit to host a successful event. Learn more.
- Tour de Cure The Association's signature fundraising cycling event is a ride, not a race, with routes for everyone's fitness levels. A training plan and local resources can motivate and support employees who want to be active and support the cause.
Take the Stairs
Encourage use of the stairs with these handouts and posters.