Resources to Address Discrimination
Addressing employment discrimination:
- Free webinar: American Association of Diabetes Educators: Diabetes Goes to Work presented by Daniel Lorber, MD, FACP, CDE and Katharine Gordon, ADA-Novo Nordisk Staff Attorney.
Click here for a copy of the transcript.
A fee required to view this webinar only if you are obtaining CE credit.
- Thomas, V., Lorber, D.; "Diabetes Goes to Work: Helping Your Patient Access the Protections of the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act", Practical Diabetology, November/December 2009
- Sample diabetes accommodation request letter
- Thomas, V. Gostin, L.; "The Americans with Disabilities Act: Shattered Aspirations and New Hope", JAMA, 2009; 301(1):95-97
Addressing school discrimination:
- 60th Annual Advanced Postgraduate Course, New York, February 22-24, 2013
Pre-Conference Workshop: Advocating on Behalf of the Student with Diabetes, February 22, 2013 from 10:00 am to 11:30 am
The goal of this workshop is to provide the vital information that healthcare professionals need to educate the families of their pediatric diabetes patients about their legal rights and to advocate to ensure that the diabetes needs of students are met so that they have the same education opportunities as their peers.
- "The Cruicial Role of Health Care Professionals in Advocating for Students with Diabetes,"Clinical Diabetes, Volume 30, Number 1, 2012
- School training modules
- National Diabetes Education Program, "Helping the Student with Diabetes Succeed: A Guide for School Personnel"
Click here to read about some of our health care volunteers and how they are helping to end discrimination.
Check out our parent mentor volunteer program full of parents just like you!
Become a Red Strider! Know someone with diabetes? Walk for them!
Every dollar you give can be doubled until May 15th to help Stop Diabetes!
Scroll through our calendar of EXPOs to find out when there will be one near you.
Ditch the chips! We've got recipes for eight healthy snacks you'll love to eat.
Learn what BIG discounts on auto insurance may await you.
Get motivated with our newly revised “I Hate to Exercise” book
Subscribe to our blog! It’s the best way to see what we’re up to at the Association.
If you have diabetes, join us for the ride!
Order your Diabetes Forecast® today! 25 Tips to healthy living. Click here to start.
Check out our site full of vegetarian meal planning ideas!
Find your local office to get involved in your community.
A new tool to increase the convenience of portion management
Get recipes, tips and more! Join the conversation!
Learn more about Dribble to Stop Diabetes