Resources to Address Discrimination for Use by Health Care Professionals
NEW: FREE Safe at School Workshop for Health Care Professionals on February 27, 2015
This excellent workshop, to be held in New York City before the American Diabetes Association’s Annual Advanced Postgraduate Course, will cover federal and state laws, written care plans, school diabetes management and the role of health care professionals. Continuing education credits offered! Learn more and register.
Discrimination at Work
- Learn about rights on the job and find resources to help.
- Diabetes Discrimination Checklist: to help identify discrimination situations in the work setting.
- American Diabetes Association Employment Position Statement
- Fact Sheet: Diabetes and Reasonable Accommodations
- Sample letter from health care professional supporting request for accommodations
Discrimination at School
- Find comprehensive resources, including information about legal protections and written care plans.
- Article: Stopping Diabetes through Advocacy: The Role of Health Care Professionals
- Free Webinar: Safe at School: Back to School
- Position Statements & Resources for Care at School
- Written Care Plans (managing diabetes at school)
Public Accommodations & Government Programs
- Air Travel & Diabetes
- Fact Sheet: Diabetes, Discrimination, and Public Places and Government Programs
- Diabetes and Law Enforcement
Misc Resources for Health Care Professionals
- Webinar: Legal Advocacy 101 for Health Care Professionals
- Diabetes Docket; Legal Advocacy eNews: current and previous issues
- Health Care Professional Legal Advocacy Network: Member Profiles
- Webinar: Know Your Rights for College Students
- Driving and Diabetes