Diabetes Litigation: Daycare and Camps
Diabetes Litigation and Daycare
Summary agreements between the U.S. Department of Justice and two of the nation's largest daycare providers require that the centers must accept children with diabetes and assist in blood glucose monitoring.
- Kindercare Agreement Press Release
- Kindercare Settlement Agreement
- La Petite Academy Press Release
- La Petite Academy Settlement Agreement
Diabetes Litigation and Camps
Summary agreements between the U.S. Department of Justice and several camps require the camps to accept children with diabetes, and to make reasonable accommodations including, but not limited to: following state procedures to train staff to administer insulin and glucagon; supervising campers while they monitor blood glucose levels, use insulin pumps, syringes, or other diabetes- related medical equipment; and monitor consumption of food.
- US Department of Justice TSI Summer Camp Press Release
- TSI Summer Camp Settlement Agreement
- US Department of Justice Raynor Country Day [Private] School Summer Camp Press Release
- Raynor Country Day School Settlement Agreement
- US Department of Justice Pine Hills Kiddie Garden Press Release
- Pine Hills Kiddie Garden Settlement agreement
- US Department of Justice Rainbow River Press Release
- Rainbow River Settlement Agreement
Check out our parent mentor volunteer program full of parents just like you!
Become a Red Strider! Know someone with diabetes? Walk for them!
Every dollar you give can be doubled until May 15th to help Stop Diabetes!
Scroll through our calendar of EXPOs to find out when there will be one near you.
Ditch the chips! We've got recipes for eight healthy snacks you'll love to eat.
Learn what BIG discounts on auto insurance may await you.
Get motivated with our newly revised “I Hate to Exercise” book
Subscribe to our blog! It’s the best way to see what we’re up to at the Association.
If you have diabetes, join us for the ride!
Order your Diabetes Forecast® today! 25 Tips to healthy living. Click here to start.
Check out our site full of vegetarian meal planning ideas!
Find your local office to get involved in your community.
A new tool to increase the convenience of portion management
Get recipes, tips and more! Join the conversation!
Learn more about Dribble to Stop Diabetes