Diabetes Litigation: Daycare and Camps
Diabetes Litigation and Daycare
Summary agreements between the U.S. Department of Justice and two of the nation's largest daycare providers require that the centers must accept children with diabetes and assist in blood glucose monitoring.
- Kindercare Agreement Press Release
- Kindercare Settlement Agreement
- La Petite Academy Press Release
- La Petite Academy Settlement Agreement
Diabetes Litigation and Camps
Summary agreements between the U.S. Department of Justice and several camps require the camps to accept children with diabetes, and to make reasonable accommodations including, but not limited to: following state procedures to train staff to administer insulin and glucagon; supervising campers while they monitor blood glucose levels, use insulin pumps, syringes, or other diabetes- related medical equipment; and monitor consumption of food.
- US Department of Justice TSI Summer Camp Press Release
- TSI Summer Camp Settlement Agreement
- US Department of Justice Raynor Country Day [Private] School Summer Camp Press Release
- Raynor Country Day School Settlement Agreement
- US Department of Justice Pine Hills Kiddie Garden Press Release
- Pine Hills Kiddie Garden Settlement agreement
- US Department of Justice Rainbow River Press Release
- Rainbow River Settlement Agreement
Check out our FREE program for tips on living with type 2.
Help us raise $1 million for diabetes research and other essential programs.
New tools for meal preparation made easy!
Bee Well for Life gives fitness tips and helps Stop Diabetes!
Great recipes tap the salad bar, deli, and freezer case to get food on the table.
Learn to make delicious vegetarian dishes with this easy-to-follow cookbook.
Celebrate the holidays with Diabetes Forecast! Best deal–order today!
Food is an important part of the African American culture. See our recipes.
Stay on track with our holiday meal planning tips. Recipes everyone will enjoy!
Was your child recently diagnosed with type 1 diabetes? Order this free kit.
This personal tracking program is key to diabetes management.
Watch our Stop Diabetes PSA and share with your friends and family.
Recipes for Healthy Living, a holiday survival guide & more!
Get helpful tips for stress-free traveling with diabetes.
Check out our parent mentor volunteer program full of parents just like you!