Information on ADA Lawsuit Involving Care of Students with Diabetes in California Schools
On August 12, 2013, the California Supreme Court issued a landmark ruling in a case involving diabetes care for children in California's public schools.
The Court overturned a decision of the California Court of Appeal involving the access of children with diabetes to insulin while at school, and ruled that state law permits school personnel who are not nurses to help children with diabetes by administering needed insulin to those who cannot self-administer.
- General information on the court's ruling and its impact
- Specific information for families of children with diabetes in California schools. (En Español)
- Important Information for Parents/Guardians of California Students with Diabetes. (En Español)
- Information for California Health Care Providers
- Read the California Supreme Court's decision
- Read the Association's press release on the ruling
- Joint Statement on Provision of Care to Students with Diabetes in the School Setting