In addition to the documents and litigation materials available on this site, the Association has conducted a number of training programs designed to educate attorneys about diabetes discrimination law and the Association's efforts. The following training program materials and webinars are available online.
- Police, Prisons and Diabetes: Legal Advocacy and Civil Rights: (November 2014)
Topics: Diabetes Care in the Prison Context; Inappropriate Law Enforcement Responses; Ending Discrimimnation in Jails/Prisons; Resources for Attorneys and Opportunities for Involvement.
Presenters: Dr. Suneil Koliwad, Alan Yatvin, Esq., Sarah Fech, Esq. and Ben Eisenberg, Esq.
Webinar participants rated this session as good/excellent and one person commented, "this was probably the best webinar I have ever been a part of."
- Stopping Diabetes Discrimination 101 for Attorneys (November 2013)
Topics: Ending Discrimination in Schools; Ending Discrimination in Employment; Working with Health Care Professionals to Stop Discrimination; and Resources for Attorneys.
Presenters: Gregory G. Paul, JD; Ho Luong Tran, MD, MPH; Alan L. Yatvin, JD; Katharine Gordon, JD.
- The Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act Regulations: Expert Analysis with a Focus on Workers with Diabetes (April 2011)
- Building on Our Victory: Diabetes and the ADA Amendments Act of 2008 (April 2009)
Fighting for Fairness
- View the materials from this program. (Note: Most of these materials are also available elsewhere on this site).
Are you handling a diabetes discrimination case? Check out our bank of attorney materials for case information, briefs, pleadings, sample complaints, papers and other helpful information.
Are you interested in joining the fight to end discrimination against people with diabetes? Learn about opportunities to help through our Advocacy Attorney Network.
Read about current legal advocacy issues and hot topics in our newsletter.
Are you facing discrimination because of your diabetes? Learn how to get help from the American Diabetes Association.