Work at Camp
Join the FUN — apply to work at a Diabetes Camp
Experience the rewards of an American Diabetes Association’s Diabetes Camp.
Spend a week of your summer reliving the joys of childhood fun and becoming inspired by kids living with diabetes.
Understand and experience first hand what your patients live with daily.
Camp Staff Positions include:
- Medical Professionals: Physicians, Nurses, Dietitians, Social Workers, Pharmacists and Mental Health Professionals
- Program Staff: Counselors, Waterfront Staff, Activity Leaders, and Opening Day Helpers
- Administrative Services: Camp Directors, Camp Administrators, Clerical Staff, Fundraising and Donation Solicitation staff
Get ready for the experience of your lifetime
Embrace the life changing adventure of Diabetes Camp, and experience:
- Unique opportunities to teach and learn more about diabetes, diabetes management, and how kids cope with diabetes.
- Skill-building ventures by working as a team with the campers with diabetes in managing their diabetes in an outdoor recreational environment, 5 - 7 days per week, 24 hours a day.
- Comprehensive orientation, training, and supervision — that assists you in preparing for and delivering the best service possible to our campers.
- Sweat, bugs, heat, humidity, long hours, little rest and limited privacy coupled with FUN, fellowship, education and inspiration.
- Meaningful work and the real chance to make a difference in the lives of kids with diabetes. Most Camp staff are volunteers. Some receive a very small stipend. Donations of staff time, supplies, and services allow the American Diabetes Association to keep the cost of Camp affordable to families.
The Application Process
The safety of our campers is our number one priority. Our hiring process:
- Starts with a formal application. All volunteer and paid staff must complete a written application, first time staff participate in a personal interview, and provide references.
- Includes mandatory background checks for all paid and volunteer staff. No credit checks of any kind are run.
- Requires thorough screening of all candidates and an annual review of Camp job performance.
- Find a Camp near you to learn more about available staff positions and obtain a staff application.
Check out our parent mentor volunteer program full of parents just like you!
Become a Red Strider! Know someone with diabetes? Walk for them!
Every dollar you give can be doubled until May 15th to help Stop Diabetes!
Scroll through our calendar of EXPOs to find out when there will be one near you.
Ditch the chips! We've got recipes for eight healthy snacks you'll love to eat.
Learn what BIG discounts on auto insurance may await you.
Get motivated with our newly revised “I Hate to Exercise” book
Subscribe to our blog! It’s the best way to see what we’re up to at the Association.
If you have diabetes, join us for the ride!
Order your Diabetes Forecast® today! 25 Tips to healthy living. Click here to start.
Check out our site full of vegetarian meal planning ideas!
Find your local office to get involved in your community.
A new tool to increase the convenience of portion management
Get recipes, tips and more! Join the conversation!
Learn more about Dribble to Stop Diabetes