Work at Camp
Join the FUN — apply to work at a Diabetes Camp
Experience the rewards of an American Diabetes Association’s Diabetes Camp.
Spend a week of your summer reliving the joys of childhood fun and becoming inspired by kids living with diabetes.
Understand and experience first hand what your patients live with daily.
Camp Staff Positions include:
- Medical Professionals: Physicians, Nurses, Dietitians, Social Workers, Pharmacists and Mental Health Professionals
- Program Staff: Counselors, Waterfront Staff, Activity Leaders, and Opening Day Helpers
- Administrative Services: Camp Directors, Camp Administrators, Clerical Staff, Fundraising and Donation Solicitation staff
Get ready for the experience of your lifetime
Embrace the life changing adventure of Diabetes Camp, and experience:
- Unique opportunities to teach and learn more about diabetes, diabetes management, and how kids cope with diabetes.
- Skill-building ventures by working as a team with the campers with diabetes in managing their diabetes in an outdoor recreational environment, 5 - 7 days per week, 24 hours a day.
- Comprehensive orientation, training, and supervision — that assists you in preparing for and delivering the best service possible to our campers.
- Sweat, bugs, heat, humidity, long hours, little rest and limited privacy coupled with FUN, fellowship, education and inspiration.
- Meaningful work and the real chance to make a difference in the lives of kids with diabetes. Most Camp staff are volunteers. Some receive a very small stipend. Donations of staff time, supplies, and services allow the American Diabetes Association to keep the cost of Camp affordable to families.
The Application Process
The safety of our campers is our number one priority. Our hiring process:
- Starts with a formal application. All volunteer and paid staff must complete a written application, first time staff participate in a personal interview, and provide references.
- Includes mandatory background checks for all paid and volunteer staff. No credit checks of any kind are run.
- Requires thorough screening of all candidates and an annual review of Camp job performance.
- Find a Camp near you to learn more about available staff positions and obtain a staff application.
Check out our FREE program for tips on living with type 2.
Help us raise $1 million for diabetes research and other essential programs.
New tools for meal preparation made easy!
Bee Well for Life gives fitness tips and helps Stop Diabetes!
Great recipes tap the salad bar, deli, and freezer case to get food on the table.
Learn to make delicious vegetarian dishes with this easy-to-follow cookbook.
Celebrate the holidays with Diabetes Forecast! Best deal–order today!
Food is an important part of the African American culture. See our recipes.
Stay on track with our holiday meal planning tips. Recipes everyone will enjoy!
Was your child recently diagnosed with type 1 diabetes? Order this free kit.
This personal tracking program is key to diabetes management.
Watch our Stop Diabetes PSA and share with your friends and family.
Recipes for Healthy Living, a holiday survival guide & more!
Get helpful tips for stress-free traveling with diabetes.
Check out our parent mentor volunteer program full of parents just like you!