Being active is another part of living healthy and managing diabetes. Any type of physical activity you do helps lower your blood glucose.
Other benefits of physical activity include:
- Having more energy
- Relieving stress
- Keeping your joints flexible
- Lowering your risk for heart disease and stroke
- Feeling great
Talk to your doctor if you have questions about which activities are right for you.
Examples of different types of physical activity include:
- Aerobic activity (walking, biking, swimming)
- Being active throughout the day (taking the stairs instead of an elevator)
- Strength training (lifting weights or using resistance bands)
- Flexibility exercises (stretching and yoga)
Next: Aerobic Activity