Taking Care of Your Diabetes
Your diabetes care team will help you, but day-to-day diabetes care is up to you.
That care includes:
- Choosing what, how much, and when to eat
- Getting physically active
- Taking medicine (if your doctor prescribes it)
- Checking your blood glucose (if your doctor prescribes it)
- Going to your appointments
- Learning all you can about diabetes
TIP: You can ask your doctor for a referral to a diabetes education program recognized by the American Diabetes Association.
Find a program near you on our Find a Recognized Education Program page or call 1-800-DIABETES (800-342-2383) Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. ET.
Enroll in the FREE Living With Type 2 Diabetes program to get information and support to help you live well with diabetes.